"The Gate To the MEKONG DELTA" Top 5 Page for this destination Can Tho by galy
Can Tho Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 281 photos
The Mekong river divides into nine tributaries to meet the sea which the Vietnamese call Cuu Long, or “the Nine Dragons”.
The river is the source of all nourishment in the Delta and serves as the main transportation way and market place as well. In Can Tho’s floating market you can see the trade in the Delta’s rich rice and fish stocks, and the lush fruit and vegetables unique to the area.
The pace of life in the Delta remains slow and the daily routine has changed little in centuries. Drifting down the small canals, modern life with all its worries seems a world away
- Pros:So many things to see
- Cons:Hot and Humid
- In a nutshell:Let the river choose the pace
We ate in in an Orchard that provide food and backpackers accomodation as well, but you can find it in every restaurant... more travel advice
Candie smade from coconut juice, cooked with some green leaf to give them their greenish color. Arter cooling down the... more travel advice
galy's Related Pages
Can Tho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mekong Delta Monkey Blues & the Special Room"
- "The Gate To the MEKONG DELTA"
- "Hello! Welcome to Can Tho"
- "Can Tho and Mekong Delta"
- "Mekong Delta"
- "The Mekong Delta - Can Tho"
- "Can Tho"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Can Tho
- Hotels in Can Tho
- Transportation in Can Tho
- Restaurants in Can Tho
- Shopping in Can Tho
- Warnings and Dangers in Can Tho
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Can Tho
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Can Tho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Can Tho
Photos in Can ThoSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Vietnam Intro, 30 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ushuaia Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Natales Intro, 16 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Croatia Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Hue Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Fiji Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos