" SO MANY PLACES TO SEE :-)) " galy's Profile

SHALOM from ISRAEL

I lived most of my life in Israel, on it's northern part. I was infected by the traveling virus, immediately as I went on my first trip (so many years ago).Till now, I collected all my memories in nice organized albums. It's great that I can share it now with all of you :-))

My hometown is HAIFA , and although I've never experienced it as a tourist, I would love to help you enjoy it. So, if you have any question about it, don't hesitate, to ask.

He who travels virtually has no inconveniences
:-))

Delicious food
great wines
What else do you need?

South Africa - October 2005
It would have been a wonderful trip,
if we wouldn't have been mugged - with knives - in Pretoria.
I'll put up the South Africa page slowly in the next coming weeks

Autumn In Croatia 2004

"It is not enough for a landscape to be interesting in itself. Eventually there must be a moral and historic interest." Stendhal

We spent a beautiful week in the western arm of Croatia (with a quick pick to the cave in postoina, Slovenia). Autumn is a magical season, and the green yellow red colors of the tree with the blue turquoise colors of the lakes of Plitvice the blue grey colors of the Adriatic ocean and rust red colors of the roofs everywhere created a wonderful symphony of colors.

America Southern tip 2004

Spirit of place! It is for this we travel. Alice Meynell

We visited Tiera del Fuego and Patagonia, on February 2004. On the way home, back to the northern half of the globe, we stopped at the Iguassu (or Iguacu) falls, and topped everything with the Carnival in Rio. What an adventure!!
If you would like to share our adventures, you can click here and go straight to:

USHUAIA , TORRES del PAINE , EL CALAFATE and RIO

Vietnam on TET 2003

'There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.' - Robert Louis Stevenson

At the end of January 2003, just before Tet holiday, we started our tour of Vietnam. From the far north to the deep south.
Beautiful people, beautiful country
You can share our adventure in Vietnam here VIETNAM*
But, if you want some more detailed information about a specific place, you can look at CAN THO , HANOI , HO CHI MINH CITY , HOI AN , HUE , LAO CAI *, and last but not least, my favorite - SAPA .

A taste of Whisky - June 2002

Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering; the reality has more to do with losing your luggage."
- Regina Nadelson

We Visited SCOTLAND on June 2002. Started in Glasgow, went up north through the Island of Skye, to Cape Wrath. and south through FIFE to Edinburgh. The weather was awful, it was raining most of the time, but we didn't let it spoil our fun.
We found the Scots to be very warm and welcoming people.

Fiji - The Magical Island

A good holiday is one that is spent among people whose notions of time are vaguer than yours.
J. B. Priestley

Autumn 1999 We came back home from a Sabbatical year spent in Victoria B.C. Canada. We decided to go westbound. On the way we had a few stops. One of the places we stopped in was Nadi
FIJI . What a magical Island!!!

A YEAR in VICTORIA - 1998

One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things." -- Henry Miller

We spent one whole Sabbatical year in VICTORIA B.C. on Vancouver Island. We traveled the whole island back and forth and collected many memories and pictures. I'm glad I can share them with you

SKI - as long as you can

There are certain scenes that would awe an atheist into belief, without the help of other argument.
Thomas Gray (1739) on viewing the Alps

January 2004 - Corvara Italy
March 2002 - Santa Christina Italy
March 2001 - Pais de la Casa Andora

• Intro Updated Apr 18, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
galy's Profile Photo

galy

“The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it. Rudyard Kipling”

Real Name