"What About Ye Mucker?" Derry by laurentka

Derry Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 25 photos

My city of choice. I moved here at the start of 1996. A great city to live in and visit. A great base to discover the North-West of Ireland and the Antrim coast.

Don't be put off coming here on holidays by all the bad press Northern Ireland gets. Unfortunately they always only show the negative news on telly, and never the good stuff of which there's plenty! We're getting there, slowly but surely ;o)

The picture you see here on the left is Shipquay Street with the Guildhall just outside one of the seven gates. And if you're wondering about the greeting at the top of the page, it's the warm local way to greet a friend ;o)

If you want more information and pictures on the troubles from 1968-present then I highly recommend 'CAIN Web Service' (Conflict Archive on the INternet) which you find at http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/index.html

• Last visit to Derry: Sep 1995
  • Intro Updated Feb 28, 2004

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2005 at 10:58 AM

A town to add to my list of places to see.... Thanks for sharing!

• arlequin_g's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 4:56 AM

Great page. Must visit it if I go to Ireland again.

• florry's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2004 at 1:16 AM

great pages, i have never been to derry . all the best...

• Mar 27, 2003 at 1:48 AM

Your Derry page is wonderful my ancestors are from Derry and I hope to visit next your the metion of the Genealogy Centre was a great help more than I was expecting. I am also grateful to Krumel who helped me find this page.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2003 at 12:13 AM

Hehe... the joke about Paddy Doherty is like the recent Canadian beer commercial where an American asks a Canadian, "Do you know Glen from Canada? He works in an office" Hehe... ;) Good page on Derry! I shall visit whenever I get to Ireland!

• IceBear7's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2003 at 12:21 PM

wonderful page, would love to go back!

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2003 at 4:41 AM

magnifique cette page.

• Krumel's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2003 at 3:59 AM

Absolutely brilliant page! Haven't made it to Derry yet, but now I'm itiching to go!

• bokononist's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2003 at 3:14 PM

currently visiting Derry and just had a look at your page to make sure I don't miss anything - great job and pictures of a lovely (and very friendly) city

• Dec 11, 2002 at 6:27 AM

i find the derry accent incomprehesible most of the time, though i've never been there. the softer Derry accent is really nice though

laurentka Lives Here!