"Welcome to my Faritanin' i Toamasina** page" Faritanin' i Toamasina by Norali

Faritanin' i Toamasina Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 317 photos

East coast beach resorts

** or Toamasina province
Tamatave is the French name of Toamasina.

The thought of going to Toamasina always gives me thrills. I like this region, with a strange weather (see my warning tips in Toamasina city page). Nice place to relax, home of holidaymakers. That makes Toamasina city resemble capital city, Tana, in winter holidays. So many Tananarivians go there, escaping from Tana rythme and cold, that you sometimes think you are in Tana. You kind of see same faces as in the capital city.

Therefore, my preference is escaping in Toamasina suburbs though I have to admit that scenery in Toamasina city street is a great souvenir for me. Seeing holidaymakers and their kind of "capital-city-inhabitants-doing-provinces" attitude is just funny... soo ridiculous at same time!

Here is a pic from my Mahavelona (Foulpointe) page. Go there to see more.

Tana-Toamasina, lovely trip!

Roadtrip is part of adventure and excitment as well. See why in my below "Heading East" Tlogues.

My albums on Tana- Toamasina are just released. Have a look at my below Tlogues: "Heading East I, II"

Toamasina city, a lot to say about it!

Have a look at my Toamasina city pages.

• Pros:Lush fauna and flora, exciting roadtrip and railtrip to do
  • Cons:Too rainy and for years, Toamasina city is home of adult tourism :-(
  • In a nutshell:Worth discovering wild areas, bustling Toamasina city
  • Intro Updated Jun 20, 2003

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 9:18 AM

Thanks for the birthday greetings :) Yup, had to come visit another Madagasgar page for this special day ... looking for zoo-like critters ... you know, like the movie! tee-hee

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 8:37 AM

Am going to visit this Island one day soon...great tips Norali.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 2:47 AM

ever changing beauty! You must be yearning for this place-like-paradise-on-earth! Thanks for sharing.....bes-elisabeth

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2004 at 6:17 AM

A favorite trip of mine is to find a quiet coastal area like you have on your page. Would like this place I am sure.

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2004 at 7:55 AM

The smell of cloves and cinnamon, mmm, sounds like paradise, and then the seasounds....perfect! Thanks for all this info Gabrielle

• johnsakura's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2003 at 12:26 PM

vraiment, j'aime tes pages, Madagascar est très impressionnant, vous remercie gabrielle. bye bye! joao

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2003 at 3:12 AM

Super! j'adore tes pages:))

• lenoreva's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2003 at 8:49 AM

Wow! This sounds like an amazing place. Great historical info - I will have to come back to your page when I have more time...

• Narviking's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2003 at 12:39 PM

Next time in Madagascar I wanna visit the coast !

• bct341's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2003 at 10:03 AM

wow....I love the crocodile pic :) and of course all the pics.. very nice

Norali

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Faritanin' i Toamasina

Have you been to Faritanin' i Toamasina?