Madagascar Packing List Tips by Norali Top 5 Page for this destination
Madagascar What to Pack: 15 reviews and 14 photos
Very comfy to have hat, sunglasses & scarf @ reach
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: July, August, September, bring 1-2 jumpers, pull-overs.. A K-Way windbreaker and sometimes, warm pajamas for cold nights in highlands.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Anti-malaria medecines. Prior to your trip to Madagascar, take anti-malaria treatment, have yourself correctly vaccinated against C Hepatitis. Anti-tourista medecines. Ask your tropical specialist as it seems that malaria strains in Madagascar resist to ordinary anti-malaria medicines..
Syringe needles are always in short supply in some areas. So, bring yours (as many as you can, in order to not use/ share used needles). Risk: HIV and C Hepatitis.
Photo Equipment: Special films for humid areas. Special equipment for your scuba-diving pics! Also bring some material (cover) to protect equipment from waterspills, dust when cruising or going through dusty areas.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Solid boots for trekking, climb hills. Thick socks. Sun block creams (especially high SPF ones) as light is strong over there. A hat for sensitive skins and preliminary preparations for "sunbathers". A cotton scarf (like a chech) to cover your mouth & nose from the dust: very useful in winter when it's dry & dusty & you are having a fun trek on dirty roads. Now, to pack light, you could buy the hat, the cotton scarf upon your arrival in Tana. OK, you can check pic2... lol
Extra tip for who intending to walk dusty areas !!! Bring Eucalyptus essential oil (Local brands such as Homeopharma & Bioaroma have a wide range od essential oils - see Shopping tips for addresses) as you'll need them to regularly "clean" your nostrils from dust. Also, very convenient to counter those light colds, sore throats....
Miscellaneous: For lense-wearers, bring extra-units of your lenses and cleaning products. I am not sure shops there do have those in constant assortment.
More Reviews (108)
- See All Foza Orana: 2009 crisis emblem
- See All Ampefy - Itasy area
- See All Night-service drugstores
- See All Romazava, the "other" national dish
- See All The best comfort food for sweettoothed...
- See All Religion- Belief system
- See All Cycling to sightseeing, with the help of...
- See All A smiling person is not making fun of...
- See All Silence, serenity.. only nature would...
- See All Manakara
- See All Hotel tarriffs and booking in Madagascar
- See All Air-Madagascar international & internal...
Norali's Related Pages
Madagascar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TONGA SOA"
- "Under heavy construction!!!!!!"
- "NATURALLY MADAGASCAR"
- "Madagascar, an island filled with friendly faces"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madagascar
- Hotels in Madagascar
- Transportation in Madagascar
- Nightlife in Madagascar
- Restaurants in Madagascar
- Shopping in Madagascar
- Warnings and Dangers in Madagascar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madagascar
- 554 Reviews
- 1,105 Photos
- 73 Forum posts
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Madagascar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madagascar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 146 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 109 reviews, 212 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antananarivo Intro, 71 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 75 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 71 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ambohimanga Intro, 35 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 67 reviews, 58 photos
- Malaza Intro, 43 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Faritanin' Antananarivo Intro, 28 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 45 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues