"The castle, the wood, raisins" Hoeilaart by Norali

Hoeilaart Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 23 photos

Hoeilaart - Hoeilaert

Hoeilaart is a commune located in Vlaams Brabant province (Belgium). It is a commune really near Brussels. 7 km from Brussels' center, some 12 minutes to join the capital city from Hoeilaart.

My "trips" to Hoeilaart were mainly to pay a visit to my best friend. Some days here and there, to have diner together, to walk in the neighbouring wood... To chill out before going to restaurant.

She guided me once in this area. But since she doesn't live there anymore, I wonder when I would return. I remember though it has some nice setting: greenery, a park with fountain, this town hall. Kind of a nice place to live (dorm?) in.

Shall I call it the bucolic page?

One of the tracks in the wood... Just inviting and refreshing. Very calm, bucolic.

Find in one of my t-logues some pics taken during those hours walking and chatting. As they are walks in the woods, you could find the bucolic touch of the page... Enjoy!

However, don't limit your appreciation to a countryside village. It has some nice (and expensive) restaurants, cosy villas and renovated houses of serrist.

• Pros:The castle, the wood, raisins
  • Cons:I guess it would take me a long time before returning there
  • In a nutshell:Nice place to have a walk through the town and the wood
  • Last visit to Hoeilaart: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2003

• Peter_P's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 9:59 PM

It seems like there is a lot to do and see next week for me...:-)

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2004 at 8:43 AM

pretty little town

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2004 at 2:24 PM

Yes, you must be proud of your pictures :)) they are beautifuls ... and I am happy than despite you where at your VT-era you forgot to take the pic of the fountain, that is because you where relax, :)) VTs must not be slaves of the camera :)))

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2004 at 12:31 PM

Ma parole, tu as raison. Je dois prendre le temps de lire le tout.... + tard, mais ça a l'air bien. Waterplants with yellow flowers : must be Iris (like Dannie - be) Cannot identify the white ones :-((

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2003 at 4:27 AM

Great to see Hoeilaart! I used to ride at Lord Newcastle stables but there are sooo many...

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2003 at 12:50 PM

nice page but please add more info :-))))

Norali

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Hoeilaart

Have you been to Hoeilaart?

Latest Activity in Hoeilaart