"Ile de Ré: heavenly :)" Île de Ré by Norali
Île de Ré Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 62 photos
I'll tell you what I saw,
I'll tell you what I did.
I'll tell you what I should have seen,
I'll tell you what I should have done.
I'll experience them next time I return.. because, I intend to return to l'ile de Ré.
Now, people on here use to tell about they know but I would rather insist on what I saw... for me only having been in Ile de Ré for one day.
Yep, one sole day but what a day. A great day made for walking along the beach, for soaking the atmosphere of the ruins site of an ancient abbey.
A day made for driving through the archipelago with landscapes that range from the pinewood forest, to beautiful beaches (yeah! I mean it), through Ré villages.
That was meant to satisfy my eyes... and also my ears.
A day made for visiting the salty marshes to learn about the life of sauniers rétais who developed the business of salt before well-known sel de Guérande overcame sel rétais.
A day made for visiting the oyster farms. I would have prefered though to have done it in another time of the year.
That was meant to satisfy my curiosity.
A day made for tasting the local products: mainly the salt products, this time.
Caramel au sel rétais, caramel à la pomme, caramel au pineau de Charentes...
Oysters were delicious too as well as fish kebab. Off course, you wouldn't miss soupe de poisson there... and pineau de Charentes.
That was meant to satisfy my weakness for good food.
ADVICE: Check General tips prior reading the other categories.
MORE INFO: http://www.iledere.com/
- Pros:Good food, nice beach, I love nature there: pinewood, salty marshes
- Cons:not in summer!
- In a nutshell:Perfect for relaxing, for a day, for a week, for a month... Up to you!
If you are into camping, you may check this. I could visit the campsite, facilities..the whole area since my cousin... more travel advice
- Low seasoning
- See All More of Saint-Martin portes ?
- See All The (toll) bridge
- See All Les galettes
Norali's Related Pages
Île de Ré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ile de Ré: heavenly :)"
- "L'ILE DE RE"
- "Like a Bridge Over..."
- "Île de Ré Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Île de Ré
- Hotels in Île de Ré
- Transportation in Île de Ré
- Restaurants in Île de Ré
- Shopping in Île de Ré
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Île de Ré
- 26 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Île de Ré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île de Ré
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 146 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madagascar Intro, 109 reviews, 212 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antananarivo Intro, 71 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 75 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 71 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ambohimanga Intro, 35 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 67 reviews, 58 photos
- Malaza Intro, 43 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Faritanin' Antananarivo Intro, 28 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 45 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues