"Bracknell" Bracknell by iris2002
Bracknell Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 74 photos
The Forest Reverie
by Edgar Allan Poe
'Tis said that when
The hands of men
Tamed this primeval wood,
And hoary trees with groans of woe,
Like warriors by an unknown foe,
Were in their strength subdued,
The virgin Earth Gave instant birth
To springs that ne'er did flow
That in the sun Did rivulets run,
And all around rare flowers did blow
The wild rose pale Perfumed the gale
And the queenly lily adown the dale
(Whom the sun and the dew
And the winds did woo),
With the gourd and the grape luxuriant grew.
So when in tears
The love of years
Is wasted like the snow,
And the fine fibrils of its life
By the rude wrong of instant strife
Are broken at a blow
Within the heart
Do springs upstart
Of which it doth now know,
And strange, sweet dreams,
Like silent streams
That from new fountains overflow,
With the earlier tide
Of rivers glide
Deep in the heart whose hope has died--
Quenching the fires its ashes hide,--
Its ashes, whence will spring and grow
Sweet flowers, ere long,
The rare and radiant flowers of song!
They are pretty active at Bracknell Forest County Council :) ... and it's visible with very well thought through walk ways and leisure options... all just a stone throw away from Ascot.
Here in Bracknell Forest we believe that our leisure and community facilities are second to none and that they are made all the stronger by the complementary range of activities brought about by the genuine partnerships between the private, public sector and voluntary providers.
Our services are used by every age group, and we are probably involved with every single resident in Bracknell Forest at some time, in some way.
We provide top quality sporting facilities, including:
Bracknell Leisure Centre.
Sandhurst and Edgbarrow Sports Centres.
Horseshoe Lake Watersports Centre
Downshire Golf Course
The excitement of
Coral Reef- Bracknell's Waterworld
The Look Out Discovery Centre
The peace and quiet of our
Recreational open spaces.
Public Rights of Way.
The development of young people through our
Support for our community through
Community Development work.
iris2002's Related Pages
Bracknell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Bracknell, my home"
- "Bracknell - more loathed than liked."
- "Ice or no ice?"
- "An under rated town."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bracknell
- Hotels in Bracknell
- Transportation in Bracknell
- Nightlife in Bracknell
- Restaurants in Bracknell
- Shopping in Bracknell
- Warnings and Dangers in Bracknell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bracknell
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bracknell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bracknell
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dartmoor National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reichenau Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mijas Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Okehampton Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Devon Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Bracknell hotel reviews
- The Grange Bracknell Hotel
- 160 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Stirrups Country House
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- Premier Inn Bracknell Central
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Coppid Beech Hotel
- 262 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Travelodge Bracknell
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Hilton Bracknell
- 482 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- The Waterloo Hotel
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013