"Reading..... also known as Reading :P" Top 5 Page for this destination Reading by iris2002

Reading Travel Guide: 225 reviews and 391 photos

.... Along the River Kenneth there is the Oracle .

:)... best thing to do... go to that link >>> www.reading-buses.co.uk/ ............ explore the surrounding areas of Berkshire (make a detour of Slough though! ahem)

For those who haven't by now got my wicked sense of humor.... Reading is a cool place to work and people here are very young as there are lots of university campus here... and a river runs right through it that holds the ORACLE (all wise, all knowing one hihi) for those with credit cards and materialistic goals ;).... it's a shopping centre heaven.

• Pros:hmmmmmmmmmmmm......
  • Cons:ahhhhmmmmmmmmmmm ............
  • In a nutshell:welll..........................
  • Last visit to Reading: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 15, 2006

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Great and interesting place, and I hope one day I get to walk along those river paths. We have a few like that along our rivers here.

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 7:26 AM

Good old Wagamama: very healthy. I lived briefly in Reading. It's claim to fame, apart from biscuits, is that it is the most average town in Britain and not many people want to know that!

• Jul 29, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I loved the Reading gourmet and Reading sights table mats. How do I get to "But is it art?"'s web site?

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Hi Iris, funny enough I was in Reading this week (visiting Silchester actually) - must look out for those mozzies next time. Great pic of the otter! fergy.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 9:21 AM

Love the otter - I'm still not sure about Reading (I used to live down the M4 a bit, so know it well)Leyle

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Lucky you!! That's a wonderful picture of the otter. My whole idea of Reading has changed after reading your page.

• Edla's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2006 at 7:28 AM

Is it ok if I tell you again that I love your writing? :) I enjoyed this cafe diary bit.

• steevie_wanders's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 2:53 PM

Ok Nutella's not so bad. It's still brown and sticky.. mm sorry. You can still do comedy teeth missing with it too! High altitude training eh? I might spend 1 month in snowdon cafe living on guiness and pies - is that similar? :)

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2006 at 8:19 AM

Iris, really nice to read your Reading page :-))

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 7:31 AM

This reading page of yours is very easy to read. Except the meaning of "fatally sober"?

iris2002

“Mostly barefoot, outside my comfort zone ... ”

Badges & Stats in Reading

Have you been to Reading?