"1 Tor 2 Tor 3 Tor and secret country pubs :)" Widecombe in the Moor by iris2002

Widecombe in the Moor Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 76 photos

****** 2nd training weekend on the Dartmoor ****

New page> Training weekend 4 (the good, the wet, the ugly)

>A bit about me

-------------------

> further Training Regime

> Everest-Base-Camp VT meeting 2007

********************************

Around Widecombe are lovely trails to hike all around Dartmoor and enjoy fantastic views over rusty-brown atumnal landscapes.

I started at 8:am today walking up Haytor 3x to get a good steep hill training with my backpack > still on 8kg.

It was VERY cold and very windy that early in the morning but I was the only one around and felt like on top of the woild :)

Then at 11am this bus of hiking/tourists came and started to make noise singing teletubby songs allll the way ... so I detoured and found myself in the marsh ... bit of a challenge to get out without loosing my boots in the waterholes, but I did it.

Then off to a lovely country pub for a coffee and I almost fell asleep by the open fire-place I was soooo exhausted. (happily exhausted that is)

***** secret country pub with lotsa atmosphere ***

where??? can't tell it's aaaa secret hihi

(a clue, if you are in Widecombe, turn left at the church and follow the narrow road down ...) ;)

Enjoying a bit of a rest after a morning of hiking.

• Pros:4 season destination - and all have their own charm
  • Cons:too many tourists on weekends and in summer
  • In a nutshell:Fantastic views over some of the most beautiful landscapes of England
  • Last visit to Widecombe in the Moor: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2006

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2008 at 6:23 AM

nice pub

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 9:26 AM

Tsk! Tsk! - Starting at the pub at 11.15 am - even I'm not that bad!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 5:57 AM

You go girl, I've been out of gym training for a week & miss exercise so much!!

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2006 at 1:14 PM

Hi hunny, I am sure you are going to be super fit really soon x

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Well done,looks like a good place to go,wish it was summer. Hugs. Az.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 1:38 PM

You're creating memories you will cherish forever. So proud of you x

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Hi Iris, so glad to see the training's going well - and that you're also taking time out to relax in that great-sounding pub ;) Sarah x

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2006 at 11:09 AM

Oh wow :-) Again, do you need a backpack carrier ? I'd volunteer also just for your preparations :-) AAAhhh, I can imagine, I would have screamed of horror hearing tourists singing teletubby songs..... congrats for being so brave :-)

• Nov 11, 2006 at 10:09 AM

I so admire your determination hunni and I love reading about your weekend hikes in Devon - keep it up, you will be soo glad you did in a few months time! :)) Bighugs! x

iris2002 Visits Here Frequently!

iris2002

“Barefoot, outside my comfort zone ... that's when the adventure really starts!”

Badges & Stats in Widecombe in the Moor

Have you been to Widecombe in the Moor?