"Dartmoor> It's AMOORE ;)" Top 5 Page for this destination Dartmoor National Park by iris2002
Dartmoor National Park Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 166 photos
New page> Training weekend 4 (the good, the wet, the ugly)
Dartmoor National Park - bang smack in the middle of lovely Devon is my training ground for my expedition.
>A bit about me
> Second Training Day on Exmoor
> Training weekend II
> Training Weekend III-day1
>Training Weekend III-day2
> further Training Regime
> Everest-Base-Camp VT meeting 2007
Route> Haytor (10km hike across the moor)
weight of backpack > 8.5 kg (uffff)
weather > brilliant sunshine but frosty
.... up at the crack of dawn - packed back-pack with heavy items and drove up to the moor to start first official training day. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeekk!!!
There was still a layer of glittery frost on the heathers and grasses and the little ponds and puddles were frozen over... and... there was NOBODY around... just some wild Dartmoor Ponies, lovely fuzzy animals munching zen-like, with no care in the world the fertile marsh-grass.
Tackling the first "hill" I call ...
... the giants tootsies ... look at the picture and you know why (mind that giant has 6 toes)... well makes sense really if you are huge to have an extra one so you don't fall over right... !!!! :)
With the backpack I found walking uphill easier than downhill strangely enough... I shall find out tomorrow just how bad my fairly untrained muscles will act up to this rather long and sweat-producing trek.
Dartmoor Wild Ponies >
On the brink of extinction - this lovely wild pony species needs to be saved
Dartmoor Pony Society
- Pros:Magical place all 4 seasons
- Cons:MIND THE MARSH - it's a MOOR after all!!!
- In a nutshell:One of my top favourite places in the UK
Clearly there are adders on Dartmoor and you may see one or none. They tend to occur on the upland heathlands and the... more travel advice
You wouldn't believe it - but there IS a nightlife on the Moor :) I found this on the web and thought it will be funny... more travel advice
iris2002's Related Pages
Dartmoor National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Dartmoor"
- "Dartmoor> It's AMOORE ;)"
- "Even When Devon's Not Being Her Usual Green Self.."
- "Moorland and streams and granite and space......"
- "The Sound of Silence"
- "Dartmoor NP"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dartmoor National Park
- Hotels in Dartmoor National Park
- Transportation in Dartmoor National Park
- Nightlife in Dartmoor National Park
- Restaurants in Dartmoor National Park
- Shopping in Dartmoor National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Dartmoor National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dartmoor National Park
- 14 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Dartmoor National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dartmoor National Park
Photos in Dartmoor National ParkSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dartmoor National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reichenau Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mijas Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Okehampton Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Devon Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue