"Berkshire - a rather royal experience!" Berkshire by iris2002
Berkshire Travel Guide: 854 reviews and 2,103 photos
Another move of mine led me down south, to the picturesque county of Berkshire, just southwest of London and only a stone throw away from Heathrow Airport and Windsor ....
It's very pleasant and much more cultural down here and one can feel the vicinity of the great metropolis.
Huddled along the THAMES river are many beautiful houses and one can walk for miles on the river banks feeding the swans and gees - which there are plenty... and OUTCH, they do snap so watch it !
... a botanical experience of the relaxing kind - ahhhhhhhhhhhh
- Pros:a lot warmer then up north - and a tad posher
- Cons:.... if you have money here you show it off ...
- In a nutshell:Between the flight paths it's rather lovely ... :)
iris2002's Related Pages
Berkshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Some nice places.................."
- "Just Passing Through"
- "Berkshire - a rather royal experience!"
- "Legoland Windsor Resort"
- "The Royal County of Berkshire"
- "Windsor castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berkshire
- Hotels in Berkshire
- Transportation in Berkshire
- Nightlife in Berkshire
- Restaurants in Berkshire
- Shopping in Berkshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Berkshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berkshire
- 11 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Berkshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berkshire
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dartmoor National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reichenau Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mijas Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Okehampton Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Devon Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue