"Lanzhou Lamien and other great things" Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou by aoiaraumi
Lanzhou Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 188 photos
Lanzhou is a decent city by itself. Considering how far out in the middle of nowhere it is, it has all the basic facilities of a big city. The people are nice and the food is good. One of Lanzhou's drawbacks is it is the industrial and governmental center for this part of China. It is dirty and dusty and is considered by many, the most polluted city in China. However, in Gansu, this might be the only polluted place. Much of Gansu is pristine and natural. Most of the people just barely get by trying to farm in the desert, semi-desert, or the mountains. The culture here is amazing. There are many Chinese minorities and a huge Muslim population. In the western part of Gansu, just a few hours from Lanzhou, you will even find Labrang Monastary, a huge religious town full of friendly people, surrounded by gorgeous scenery. Visit lanzhou and the rest of Gansu! Its great.
- Pros:Location is great and the people are nice!
- Cons:Big dirty city!
- In a nutshell:Wouldnt want to live there but nearby are some places I would.
Bingling Buddhist Caves are some of the earliest yet least known caves in China. Built in the 5th century Jin Dynasty,... more travel advice
Lanzou's most famous food is lamien. It means spicy noodles and is the original word from which Japanese "ramen" comes... more travel advice
aoiaraumi's Related Pages
Lanzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LanZhou -- Northwest Cajon City"
- "Lanzhou - City by the Yellow River"
- "one of the most wonderful places in the world"
- "Lanzhou Lamien and other great things"
- "yuk13's new Lanzhou Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lanzhou
- Hotels in Lanzhou
- Transportation in Lanzhou
- Nightlife in Lanzhou
- Restaurants in Lanzhou
- Shopping in Lanzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Lanzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lanzhou
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lanzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lanzhou
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 5 photos
- Wuhan Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Tianjin Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Kunming Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Key West Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Idaho Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Chengdu Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lanzhou Intro, 5 reviews
- Montana Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.