"The heart of Andhra Pradesh" Vijayawada by edachsund
Vijayawada Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 14 photos
Vijayawada is situated on the banks of the River Krishna surrounded by softer hills of 500 to 1000ft.
The 4014ft. Prakasam Barrage created a lake and its three irrigation canals flowing through the city add beauty to the city.
Formely called Bezawada, there are a number of tourist spots having Religious, Archaeological and Historical importants around. The city welcomes the tourist with several star budget hotels besides River View Guest House (Krishnaveni Motel) of Andhra Pradesh Tourism with boating and water sports facilities. The city is connected to all part of the country with latest communication network. Most of the villages around have developed cottage industries in specialized items like toy making, cotton weaving, fabric printing, gold covering, food processing and etc.
It is situated 280 km from Hyderabad between River Krishna and its tributary Budameru, the city is spread over the rich coastal delta of Andhra Pradesh.
edachsund's Related Pages
Vijayawada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Super Rice Bowl Of India"
- "The heart of Andhra Pradesh"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vijayawada
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vijayawada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vijayawada
Photos in VijayawadaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 34 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangka Belitung Islands Province Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philadelphia Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Lanta Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue