"Rishon Le-Zion" Rishon LeZiyyon by navaros
Rishon LeZiyyon Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 39 photos
As its name ("First in Zion") implies, was the first permanent settlement established in Erez Israel by Zionist immigrants in 1882. The place soon became well-known for its prosperous vineyards, wine cellars and citrus groves.
Rishon le-Zion was the site of many "firsts" in Erez Israel: the first Hebrew kindergarten and elementary school opened there in the 1880s, as did the country's first orchestra, and some claim that here Israeli flage had been first created, and national hymn was written and composed.
The city Rishon Le Zion preserves its heritage from those early days, which most of them are located around the town centre lies at the junction of Herzl and Sederot Rothschild.
I had, recently, a nice couple of hours exploring this area while a nice sunny day, favorite friends and very tellent guide.
A well-presented history of Rishon, featuring several reconstructions of pioneer life and a mocked-up settlers' house.
The original winery, Whichthe Baron Edmond de Rothschild established in 1887. Still working and offers tours with the... more travel advice
navaros' Related Pages
Rishon LeZiyyon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rishon Le-Zion"
- "Means "the First to Zion""
- "Rishon Le-Zion - an interesting place to visit"
- "Rishon Lezion: They had a dream"
- "Beach of Rishon LeZion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rishon LeZiyyon
- Restaurants in Rishon LeZiyyon
- Shopping in Rishon LeZiyyon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rishon LeZiyyon
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rishon LeZiyyon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rishon LeZiyyon
Photos in Rishon LeZiyyonSee All Photos (11)
Top 5 Pages
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cyprus Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Haifa Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Rishon LeZiyyon Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antalya Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos