"Tennessee" Tennessee by grishaV1
Tennessee Travel Guide: 3,537 reviews and 7,009 photos
I grew up mostly in Chattanooga, Tennessee although I don't have a southern American accent and I am a Russian from Ukraine!! People have asked us, how is it a Russian is going to Tennessee, and we joke and say, "Oh well Russians get all over the place and we try not to let them send us back home!" ;-)
Its a nice enough area, lots of mountains, rivers and wildlife to see if you want. Its can get really hot in areas in the summer, and in the north parts you can get lots of snow also.
There is also a lot of diversity in Tennessee. I remember reading that more presidents of America come from this state, or its a very close race. Of the major cities I know, there would be Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Gatlinburg, lots and lots of small towns. My favorite is Nashville, because you have a major university there, Vanderbilt, so of course a thriving scene with great little cafes and bars with college bands playing. Of course, I think Nashville is known most for its country music capital status but it has blues, jazz, alternative places, all kinds of music.
Just outside of Chattanooga is where I lived until I was late teens. I would say its gotten a lot better in the last few years when the city leaders decided to renovate a lot of old places and upgrade the city's image as a nice place to visit. Lots of new parks and restaurants, hotels and things, and the main attraction the Aquarium.
- In a nutshell:When I think of Tennessee I mostly think of country music and mountains but there is a lot more there.
Music Valley features.......(oh just guess!!!!) MUSIC!!!!! :-) Its basically an area between Music Valley Rd and Briley... more travel advice
There are all kinds of sightseeing tours for Nashville, each based on what you want to see, whether you go for the... more travel advice
grishaV1's Related Pages
Tennessee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mountains, The Valley, The Plateau: Tennessee"
- "Tennessee, from the mountains to the river"
- "Tennessee......the place to be"
- "Tennessee Back Roads and Byways"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tennessee
- Hotels in Tennessee
- Transportation in Tennessee
- Nightlife in Tennessee
- Restaurants in Tennessee
- Shopping in Tennessee
- Warnings and Dangers in Tennessee
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tennessee
- 39 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tennessee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tennessee
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 66 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nashville Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chattanooga Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Florida Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Top Tennessee hotels
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- 388 Reviews - 649 Photos
- Pigeon Forge Hotels
- 132 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Nashville Hotels
- 658 Reviews - 1399 Photos
- Memphis Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1457 Photos
- Sevierville Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 63 Photos
- Chattanooga Hotels
- 306 Reviews - 578 Photos
- Knoxville Hotels
- 111 Reviews - 184 Photos
- East Nashville Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Jackson Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Kodak Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Cleveland Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Shiloh National Military Park Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 131 Photos
- Clarksville Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 24 Photos
- Johnson City Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 16 Photos