"Das Zugezogene in Berlin" grishaV1's Profile
Well, I have not changed anything on my page for some time, and I was bored today so I guess I will. Don't really know what to say though. About my favourite musics or books or sport, or something like that? About travel, yes, of course, one might say. Something abstract and clever or literal and direct?
I am often abstract but seldom clever. I am literal most often when replying to what seems whimsical statements or questions (the American general ' how are you?' from someone I don't know), and direct...oh yes, I can be very direct whether I like or dislike, love or loathe but almost certainly I don't believe its polite to give negative thoughts or feelings even if I think it is true, especially to people I don't know or doesn't already understand me because it would likely be misunderstood completely or thought offensive.
I think more people in the world should be that way. Might certainly make the world a nicer place to live. There comes a time for discussion or even argument, but I believe it always must be done with respect for the other people as an individual and fellow human being, and accomplished with tact. Condescension, arrogance, or prejudice is so very saddening and unnecessary. Namecalling, labeling, senseless challenging, I have no part of it in any way. Life is too short to be senselessly mean and thoughtless to one another. Life is so precious and fragile.
There are so many interesting things to find out about people, places and things by being nice and respectful. No this is not idealism, but I realize and have experienced fully some of the horrors of this world and what humans do to others, but I refuse to allow myself to be unkind to another. I think it lessens the individual, the world and the universe.
I believe in love. I believe in kindness.
This is me, Grigorii.
I am a Russian born in Ukraine, but I consider Berlin, Germany my home. Two places I would never voluntarily live are the USA and Russia, but for very different reasons. I love aspects of both countries, but aggression levels leave me distressed.
I'm 31 years old. I have red hair (which I finally allowed to be red not blonde because I always hated my hair) and blue eyes (and I wear glasses sometimes, but not too often, because I guess I am used to a misty world :-) I am deaf, and I choose not to use an aid because I guess I like it quiet.
You can see from my travel pages what places I've listed, but there are more I didn't add because I'll likely never make a page on it. Japan is probably the most fascinating country I've been to because it was so different than what I had known. Great memory for me? I dressed in full geisha clothing and makeup. Was surprising to see myself thus, terrifying and exciting at the same time!
My favourite places to go are beaches, or where water it is. I swam in competition before (university and for my country), and absolutely love water. Nice, warm sunny beaches ah! And fortunately, where I live now, is directly on a lake with daily choice to take a swim or absorb some good sun!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 163 Reviews
- 361 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- updated a Berlin Travel Page "What's To Love About Berlin (Or Hate)"
- grishaV1 and HotelMan are now friends.
- Commented on ralph_II's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Das Zugezogene in Berlin"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Das Zugezogene in Berlin"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Report Advertising or..."
- Uploaded a Video to Berlin
- Wrote a Review Great Pizza and Atmosphere in Atlanta Restaurants
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 66 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nashville Intro, 16 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chattanooga Intro, 18 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tennessee Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Florida Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos