"Cape Verde - Sal Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Verde by tere1
Cape Verde Travel Guide: 416 reviews and 1,121 photos
Cape Verde is a country in Africa formed by several islands. The best known are the Sal, the Boavista and the St. Vincent islands.
It was once a Portuguese colony, but since it got its own independence, back in 1975, it became a major beach destination for many Portuguese people.
It has wonderful warm weather all year around and great beaches and it's less than 4 hours flight from Lisbon.
The capital od the island is a small town/village called Santa Maria do Sal.
There is not much vegetation in the Sal island as it doesn't rain much.
The beach is very nice there, there a a few good resorts, though none of them is luxurious, they provide nice accomodation at good prices.
Food is mainly fish and the tuna beef there and the lobster are the best dishes.
More Cape Verde pictures in my travelogues.
- Pros:Good weather, nice beaches, good water sports
- Cons:Much poverty and not much too offer
The sunset in Sal Island was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I used to go to the beach or sit at the beach... more travel advice
Explore Sal Island’s amazing underwater world. The Scubateam Diving Club was founded 10 years ago and has all of the... more travel advice
tere1's Related Pages
Cape Verde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cape Verde - Sal Island"
- "NEED ANY HELP?"
- "Cape Verde - an unique african culture"
- "Cabo Verde"
- "Wanna see a different place?"
- "Boavista & friends: turtles islands !!!"
- "Cabo Verde, lovely islands in the Atlantic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Verde
- Hotels in Cape Verde
- Transportation in Cape Verde
- Nightlife in Cape Verde
- Restaurants in Cape Verde
- Shopping in Cape Verde
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Verde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Verde
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cape Verde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Verde
Top 10 Pages
- Indonesia Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pipa Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Verde Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues