"Welcome to Bali, the island of gods" Indonesia by tere1
Indonesia Travel Guide: 18,867 reviews and 48,337 photos
For some reason Bali is called the Island of Gods. And it really has some kind of magic that makes people go there again and again. The sunny beaches in the south, like Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran and Sanur attract each year thousands of people who look for a different holiday, experiencing a different culture and a friendly Balinese smile.
Ubud, in Central Bali, is the center of culture, with woodcarvers, silver jewellery, painting. The rice fields in this region are simply fabulous and the landscape is breathtaking, with temples, lakes, forests.
And Bali is also one of those places you can go to even if your budget is low: life is very cheap and you will find cheap accommodation.
But if money is not your problem, pamper yourself in some of the best resorts of the world. I am sure you will return again! I will!
More pictures of Bali in my Indonesia travelogues.
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes, nice people, good food, great weather and full of culture!
- Cons:Too faraway!
- In a nutshell:An amazing island!
The Batik of Bali provides another venue of showing the artistic excellence of the Balinese people. Their beautiful... more travel advice
In Bali you should never take a photo of the locals without asking them permission. Many people don't like it and it... more travel advice
- See All Beware in Kuta!
- See All A quiet resort in Sanur
- See All Best seafood!
- Beautiful Silver Jewellery
tere1's Related Pages
Indonesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guess, what is the fifth element ?"
- "INDONESIA : EXPERIENCE THE UNTOLD STORIES"
- " The country on the EQUATOR LINES "
- "Backpacking Indonesia: Hard Work But Big Rewards"
- "BALI 2004 - the initial bite from the travel bug!"
- "Pleasant ride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indonesia
- Hotels in Indonesia
- Transportation in Indonesia
- Nightlife in Indonesia
- Restaurants in Indonesia
- Shopping in Indonesia
- Warnings and Dangers in Indonesia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indonesia
- 26 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Indonesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indonesia
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Any foot injury experts here ?"
- updated a Indonesia Travel Page "Welcome to Bali, the island of gods"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to Bali, the island of gods"
- Wrote a Review Batik Art in Indonesia Local Customs
- Commented on one of slaybelle's Indonesia travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Indonesia Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pipa Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Verde Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (115)
Top Indonesia hotels
- Jakarta Hotels
- 1334 Reviews - 2607 Photos
- Bali Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 445 Photos
- Pulau Batam Hotels
- 406 Reviews - 1061 Photos
- Bandung Hotels
- 310 Reviews - 509 Photos
- Jimbaran Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Lombok Hotels
- 408 Reviews - 1069 Photos
- Medan Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 582 Photos
- Kuta Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 721 Photos
- Yogyakarta Hotels
- 734 Reviews - 1878 Photos
- Surabaya Hotels
- 192 Reviews - 397 Photos
- Ubud Hotels
- 506 Reviews - 1244 Photos
- Padang Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Solo Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 412 Photos
- Bandung Hotels
- 222 Reviews - 509 Photos
- Pulau Bintan Hotels
- 457 Reviews - 1170 Photos