"CHARMING PARATI" Top 5 Page for this destination Parati by tere1
Parati Travel Guide: 272 reviews and 881 photos
Parati (also called Paraty )is a beautiful small colonial city located some 250 km south of Rio de Janeiro. It's considered a National Historical Monument.
Its Historical Center has no traffic and is full of charming colonial houses, lovely pousadas (inns) , good restaurants, churches and craft shops.
Wonderful beaches, good food, enchanting friendly people, breathtaking sceneries, that's what we can find there.
In the Historical Center there are many beautiful old churches:
- The Church of Nossa Senhora dos Remedios ( the patron of Parati)
- The Chapel of Generosa
- The Church of Nossa Senhora das Dores
- The Church of Santa Rita
- The Church of Nossa Senhora do Rosario
Some of the best beaches around Parati are only accessible by boat and many are located in the many islands around it. But there are many "escunas" you can rent or go on a tour arranged by a local agency.
These are some of the best beaches around Parati:
- Cachadašo Beach
- Meio Beach ( there are some natural pools near this beach)
- Cepilho Beach
- Vermelha Beach
- Saco da Velha Beach
Each beach is very different from the other. But all of them have the same wonderful turquoise coloured sea.
See more photos of Parati beaches in my travelogues.
- Pros:Breathtaking scenery, good food, beautiful beaches and friendly people
- In a nutshell:Paradise found!!!
There are so many wonderful beaches around Parati I can only name a few! Cachadašo Beach - A natural pool formed by... more travel advice
Parati is located about 263 km from Rio de Janeiro. The best way to get there is by renting a car and taking the BR-101.... more travel advice
tere1's Related Pages
Parati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paraty - An Oasis of History and Charm"
- "CHARMING PARATI"
- "Parati - Great Colonial Relic"
- "Parati - not just a sleepy seaside town"
- "AH,MY BEAUTIFUL PARATY!"
- "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parati
- Hotels in Parati
- Transportation in Parati
- Nightlife in Parati
- Restaurants in Parati
- Shopping in Parati
- Warnings and Dangers in Parati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parati
- 12 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Parati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parati
Top 10 Pages
- Indonesia Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pipa Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Verde Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues