"Relaxing and laidback Pipa" Top 5 Page for this destination Pipa by tere1
Pipa Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 142 photos
Pipa is a small village located about 85 km (1.30 hours )from Natal, the capital of the Rio Grande do Norte State. It seems it has been gaining fame over the years and today it's full of tourists , specially from Europe. Also, Portuguese people have chosen it as one of their favourite destinations in Brazil.
This was my 4th trip in Brazil and I must say I was a bit disappointed as I found Pipa very touristic, food wasn't as good as I had tasted in the rest of Brazil and the tariffs at the Pousadas were high compared to the prices in other places in Brazil. Anyway, it's a nice place to relax and have some sun.
There are many beautiful beaches just a short drive from the center, the Ponta do Madeiro, the Baia dos Golfinhos and the Praia do Amor are some of them. The beach in the village center is not so good.
The village itself is a large street, the Avenida Baia dos Golfinhos, with lots of small shops, restaurants and some Pousadas (inns). Everything is closed until the middle of the afternoon, when people are usually at the beach, but at night it's very cheerfull, people walking there, having dinner and shopping.
See more photos of Pipa and the surroundings in my travelogues
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes, warm weather and warm people
- Cons:Too touristic already
Praia do Amor has this name due its heart shape and for the fact that in this beach the foreigners used to deal with the... more travel advice
Go and see the Coke Lagoon, where you can have a nice bath. It's called like that because the water has the coke colour.... more travel advice
tere1's Related Pages
Pipa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Relaxing and laidback Pipa"
- "" DA PIPA " BEACH - AN ECOLOGIC SANCTUARY!!"
- "Vacation in Paradise"
- "Beautiful Pipa"
- "Pipa - Beaches, beaches, beaches!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pipa
- Hotels in Pipa
- Transportation in Pipa
- Nightlife in Pipa
- Restaurants in Pipa
- Shopping in Pipa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pipa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pipa
- 14 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Pipa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pipa
Top 10 Pages
- Indonesia Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 30 reviews, 35 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pipa Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Verde Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parati Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues