"Welcome To My World!" tere1's Profile

5TH EUROMEET PORTUGAL! We've made it :-))

The group of VTers in Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of continental Europe.

THE JOY OF TRAVEL - ABOUT ME

Travelling is my passion and I have been here for a while but just recently put more time on writing and building my pages. I've also made many friends in VT so I think it's time you should know a bit more about me.

I was born in Portugal and have always lived here. My home is in Paço de Arcos, a small town close to the beach and the sea, between Lisbon and Cascais, a 15 minute drive from each. I have a translator course but after my kids were born I stopped working . Right now I am a Food Bank volunteer . I enjoy my work there very much , I visit the institutions that are helped by the Food Bank.
I am Catholic though I don't practise. I consider myself a very spiritual person and I treasure friendship a lot.

I recently began travelling alone. I used to travel most of the time with my son and daughter but they are grownups now and have their own lives so I had to opt by going by myself. The first trip I did on my own was to New York, last April and then I also went to Brazil alone. I did quite well and enjoyed it so, from now on, no one is going to stop me from travelling!

If you need any information on Portugal or on any destination I have been, feel free to ask. I will be glad to help.

UPDATE: I frequently leave my pc on when I am not at my desk and I have automatic connection to VT ,so if you see me online it doesn't mean I am really online or I am on VT :)

Happy Travels everyone!

My Two Loves

My son and my daughter. His name is Manuel and he is 28 years old. Her name is Carolina and she is 25. He is a Fine Arts graduate and she is a jeweller. Both artists. No son of mine could be an intelectual, lol!
They are my life and I am very proud of them and of the Human Beings they've become. Now I am looking forward that they have children and I become a nanny.

My Favourite Things

Favourite Destinations - I love exotic places. Brazil is on my top. Asia and Europe are my preferred continents . Fell in love with India, have been there twice and plan to visit it again soon. Asia and Europe are my favourite continents . Asia, for long holidays because of its exotism, culture, food, people. Europe for weekend getaways to the main cities, for its history and culture.

Favourite Food - I love to eat well. All exotic dishes, thai, indian ( currys, huum!). I also love our traditional Portuguese food, "bacalhau" dishes, "feijoada", "cozido à portuguesa" and sweets.

Favourite Drinks - Coffee (with no sugar, bitter), red wine, whisky, margueritas and water.

Favourite Hobbies - Travelling, reading, cinema, playing tennis, doing yoga, dinning out and being with family and friends.

Favourite Actors - Hugh Grant, Jack Nicholson, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton.

Favourite Films - "La vita e bella", " Four weddings and a funeral", "Closer", "High Fidelity".

Favourite Singers - Bon Jovi, Anastacia, Aerosmith, Shakira, Keane, Il Divo and (the oldies) Abba.

Favourite Writer - Paulo Coelho

SIMON , OUR NEW FAMILY MEMBER, A "WESTIE"

This photo was taken when he came home, with just 2 and a half months. He's my baby:-)))

My lazying space

This is my favourite place in the house for relaxing and lazying as well as being with friends - the patio in my garden. Of course, I can only use it in Summer!

My Travels

Here is a summary of last year, this year, and next year planned travels:

2005

February - PRAGUE with my friend Margarida

April - BARCELONA to visit and spend some days with my daughter who was doing the Erasmus there.

July - IBIZA with my friend Margarida who owns a house there.

August - MALAYSIA with my kids. I was in KUALA LUMPUR, PANGKOR LAUT and LANGKAWI.

2006

March - CALIFORNIA and LAS VEGAS. I went to meet my friend Joann who lives in Los Angeles. We went to Las Vegas and then to San Francisco and we drove down the coast back to Los Angeles.

April - NEW YORK on my own

May - ISTANBUL to celebrate my birthday. My son went with me.

July - BRAZIL (Pipa) on my own.

October - LONDON and GOA with my daughter.

December - FLORENCE.

2007

March - PORTO for a spa break and a VT Meeting

May/June - GREECE for the Europe VT Meeting and Island VT Cruise

July - IBIZA

August - PORTO for the Keane concert and to visit my Porto VT friends

September - ALGARVE with my friend Leno for a long weekend and ALENTEJO for another long weekend.

October - MADRID to visit my VT friend Santi ( Redang) and to revisit the city

November/December - SOUTH INDIA (Kerala), MALDIVES and DUBAI

2008

January - BELGIUM ( Brussels and Bruges) on my own.

March/ April - VIETNAM and BANGKOK with my friend Fatima.

May/June - MARRAKECH with my kids Carolina and Manuel ( we haven't had holidays all together since Malaysia, 3 years ago :-)....)

June - ALGARVE for a long weekend with my friend Lenó

August - Weekend break in STOCKHOLM.

September - A week in LINDOS, RHODES ISLAND, Greece.

2009

February - A week in ST LUCIA, in the Caribbean, with my daughter

March - Weekend in LUSO, Portugal

April - Long weekend in COPENHAGEN and weekend in LONDON to visit some English friends

June - Weekend in the ALGARVE

July - Weekend break in BOLOGNA

AUGUST - A week in MYKONOS with my daughter

October - DUBLIN for a long weekend

2011

JANUARY - INDIA ( Rajasthan)

APRIL/ MAY - Weekend in LONDON

Waalewiener
white_smallstar
yumyum

• Intro Updated Jan 18, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
tere1's Profile Photo

tere1

“Nobody can take away what I enjoy in my trips.....!”

Real Name