"Vitajte v Bratislave !" Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava by Skipka

Bratislava Travel Guide: 2,032 reviews and 4,537 photos

Hello !

Hello dear VTers, my name is Joseph and I am carp from the river Danube living in Bratislava. I would show you and tell you about my city and place where I swim long years already... I remember the golden age of this city but also worse time.. I just observe the citizens and life itself and take care of my life when Christmas is coming. People in this part of Earth used to eat carps on Christmas Dinner so this is the only danger for me. Well, when visiting Bratislava you needn't to worry of crowds of people or stray in underground lines ;). It is smaller "city" jokingly called "the biggest village in Slovakia". It is small capital with just around half an million of inhabitants.
The best time to visit Bratislava is in summer (of course) or before Christmas, especially when Christmas Markets are opened. There is no Christmas decorations like in big cities but you can experience almost all delicious dishes and fast food available in Slovakia easily at one place. However, you can also find special souvenirs or Christmas presents for your family and friends.
To go sightseeing you need just good pair of shoes because the concentration of important buildings and historical sightseens is quite high. You can find everything in the downtown of the city.
That's briefly all what I wanted to say and now I am going to accompany tourists on the boats on the river Danube.... bubbleeeeees....

A view of ancient Bratislava

This is taken from the ticket to Museum in Old Town Hall wher eyou can see many interesting things :) as always it used to be in museums. There is saved also Bratislava Charter, permanent exhibition of Slovak history and time to time some highlights like art exhibitions or even some Egyptian mumias :) it depends on occassion... In the cellar you can do some exercises :) and to scare your friends by torturing process...

This joker is hidden to tourist eyes

When you take a walk in wider center you should find all possible things even dwarfs and little sculptures near houses such as this joker is. Maybe he sits on happiness of the house... who knows ...

• Pros:Fast improvement in all directions
  • Cons:crowded public transport :)
  • In a nutshell:oldfashionable quiet place
  • Intro Updated Aug 6, 2004

• Pinoy_Traveller's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM

<hi Skipka! i am visiting Bratislava on the 7th of august. i hope i will enjoy the city. thanks for your info...//ken

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM

YOu live in a wonderful and beautiful city. We may get there someday. The picture of Bridge SNP is a real nice photo, and your comments are helpful

• wabIV's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Thank you for all the great tips for Bratislava. I like the upsidedown theme. :-)

• johnjoe55's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 2:45 AM

Hi Skipka, I am going to Bratislava with my family in July this year and I found your tips of great interest, I will take them on board for my trip.

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Great Bratislava page! I loved it there and have been telling everyone I know to go visit! ~Laura

• grets's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Just booked flight tickets to Bratislava in April. Very excited. I will come abck for another look at your pages when VT isn't quite so slow.

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 6:57 AM

You remind me of a young Rosie O'Donnell (no offense, it's a compliment!). And your writing is funny and gracious. Greetings :)

• Bradgo's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 10:18 PM

We will be in Bratislava in June and have saved many of your tips. Thanks for the great advice.

• Sep 30, 2006 at 5:21 PM

great page

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2006 at 3:06 AM

Nice pics and really good tips. Must return to some of your other Slovakia pages.

Skipka Lives Here!

Skipka

“Roads are for journey not a destination”

Badges & Stats in Bratislava

Have you been to Bratislava?

Latest Activity in Bratislava