"Vitajte v Bratislave !" Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava by Skipka
Bratislava Travel Guide: 2,003 reviews and 4,439 photos
Hello dear VTers, my name is Joseph and I am carp from the river Danube living in Bratislava. I would show you and tell you about my city and place where I swim long years already... I remember the golden age of this city but also worse time.. I just observe the citizens and life itself and take care of my life when Christmas is coming. People in this part of Earth used to eat carps on Christmas Dinner so this is the only danger for me. Well, when visiting Bratislava you needn't to worry of crowds of people or stray in underground lines ;). It is smaller "city" jokingly called "the biggest village in Slovakia". It is small capital with just around half an million of inhabitants.
The best time to visit Bratislava is in summer (of course) or before Christmas, especially when Christmas Markets are opened. There is no Christmas decorations like in big cities but you can experience almost all delicious dishes and fast food available in Slovakia easily at one place. However, you can also find special souvenirs or Christmas presents for your family and friends.
To go sightseeing you need just good pair of shoes because the concentration of important buildings and historical sightseens is quite high. You can find everything in the downtown of the city.
That's briefly all what I wanted to say and now I am going to accompany tourists on the boats on the river Danube.... bubbleeeeees....
This is taken from the ticket to Museum in Old Town Hall wher eyou can see many interesting things :) as always it used to be in museums. There is saved also Bratislava Charter, permanent exhibition of Slovak history and time to time some highlights like art exhibitions or even some Egyptian mumias :) it depends on occassion... In the cellar you can do some exercises :) and to scare your friends by torturing process...
When you take a walk in wider center you should find all possible things even dwarfs and little sculptures near houses such as this joker is. Maybe he sits on happiness of the house... who knows ...
- Pros:Fast improvement in all directions
- Cons:crowded public transport :)
- In a nutshell:oldfashionable quiet place
For exploring Danube river you should take a ride on this boat. However, there are also normal routes to Devin from the... more travel advice
Slavin is situated on the hill where you can go by trolleybus no. 203 or 205 from the downtown. It is monument dedicated... more travel advice
- See All Closest to the Railway station
- See All Don't miss Hummus or other great dishes
- See All Kapitulska Street
- See All Definitely great non alcoholic drink
- See All Velki Frantiskani
Skipka's Related Pages
Bratislava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vitajte v Bratislave !"
- "Bratislava - My Hometown"
- "Bratislava - Gateway to the Little Carpathians"
- "Bratislava - Proud to play second fiddle"
- "Bratislava - The smallest big city"
- "Bratislava - The Beauty on the Danube"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bratislava
- Hotels in Bratislava
- Transportation in Bratislava
- Nightlife in Bratislava
- Restaurants in Bratislava
- Shopping in Bratislava
- Warnings and Dangers in Bratislava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bratislava
- 127 Reviews
- 165 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 92 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bratislava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bratislava
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 127 reviews, 165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovakia Intro, 83 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Matala Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 33 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tulln Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knosos Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Bratislava hotel reviews
- Radisson SAS Carlton Hotel
- 258 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hotel Astra
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Hotel Esprit
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Art Hotel William Bratislava
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Marrol's Hotel Bratislava
- 501 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Patio Hostel
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Garden View
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2009
- Hotel Remy
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 13, 2013
- Film Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Park Inn Hotel Danube Bratislava
- 287 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Mercure Bratislava Centrum
- 315 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Hotel Arcadia
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Penzion Gremium
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 27, 2013
- Hotel Nivy
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hotel Matysak
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 21, 2013