"Trnava the Slovak Rome" Top 5 Page for this destination Trnava by Skipka
Trnava Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 167 photos
The first step when you "land" this town you will run to the candy shop and buy some sweets. :) There is a factory named Figaro that produced many kinds of sweets and candies. That's the first impression.
Then when you will follow the crowd of people from the railway station, be sure everyone is going to the centre. :) So, if you are there already everything is close and easily found... just go on and relax :)
Those who have seen great cathedrals in Cologne or other cities will find it small. But you must take into consideration that Slovakia itself is a small country.
This roman-catholic Cathedral was built around 1380. Its gothic look is enriched for baroque pinnacles and the main altar is from 1776. There is also the Chappel of St. Maria next to it and when you turn you will see the building of Publishing House Spolok sv. Vojtecha. This Cathedral is on the sweet Square named Svatoplukovo namestie and when you sit down in the nearby park...you will start dreaming and won't go further
- Pros:Quiet place full of nice places
- Cons:Not that many, but they are some ...
- In a nutshell:Iddylic place to live if you don't need to work :)
Well, this conditionery is right next to the Town Hall so when you make enough pictures of this site then you should... more travel advice
In this restaurant you can enjoy meals made of almost any kind of meat and of course the local Slovak dishes. Cosy... more travel advice
- Trnava in every city
- Univerzitny kostol interior
- See All Some other Driny picture
- Packing List
Skipka's Related Pages
Trnava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trnava the Slovak Rome"
- "Churches......lots of churches....."
- "Trnava - small church-town"
- "Slovakia's Oldest Town"
- "Trnava Page by Sisa"
- "Trnava - little Rome"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trnava
- Hotels in Trnava
- Transportation in Trnava
- Nightlife in Trnava
- Restaurants in Trnava
- Shopping in Trnava
- Warnings and Dangers in Trnava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trnava
- 28 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Trnava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trnava
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 127 reviews, 165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovakia Intro, 83 reviews, 99 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Matala Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxembourg Intro, 33 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tulln Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Knosos Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue