"Nad Tatrou sa blyska" Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry by Skipka

Vysoke Tatry Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 404 photos

The Catastrophe...

Dear friends,

I think this page will be just illustration of it used to be till the last Friday November 20. Whole area was hit by very strong (170 km/h) orkan-like wind ... As my mom characterised that :

"It is like there was a giant and cut all the trees down..."

I can't believe that in all... it must be a bad dream but it isn't ... Adieu forests, trees and beauty of this area... I will remember it as it used to be...

LOL this is my first skiing pic :)

Taken in Zdiar right on the end of season. Don't ask me in what year it was taken ;) I think in last century LOL

• Last visit to Vysoke Tatry: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2004

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 8:29 PM

I wish I had visited this part of Slovakia, but there's always another time! wonderful page and lovely photos, especially those old ones. Happy birthday from Finland!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 9:57 AM

Interesting page and lovely photos. I can't climb the mountains so enjoyed your tour!! Thanks!

• tyusen's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 5:27 AM

I was shocked about your picture. Japan Slovak Association said at their website that it will take over 100 years to completely recover. I do really hope to be able to see the glorious view of High Tatra as soon as possible.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 5:37 AM

NE MOGU DA VERUJEM DA SE TO DESILO!!! KAKVA TRAGEDIJA!!! :(((((( BESKRAJNO SAM TUZNA I OGORCENA. PATIM KAO I TI. NIKADA NECU ZABORAVITI KAKO NAM JE SUPER BILO U TATRAMA.

• Zo72's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2004 at 2:57 PM

Znaci pivo je opasno i u Tatrama... ;)

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2004 at 4:29 PM

Very interesting, another one of the million places I've never been to.

• IngaA's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 4:56 AM

Well, Bilikova chata is not dangerous for me, I don't like beer. But places with grogue and garlic soup definitely are. Btw looking at your 1st skiing pic, I think I know what inspired Luc Besson for Taxi2. That was the idea of mountain taxi :)

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 5:26 AM

Great page, I am seeing for the first time, meme is great ;-)

• KasiaWin's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2003 at 1:20 AM

There is beauty place. Mountains are my all live. Very good page and very nice author.

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2003 at 5:12 PM

Nice pages. I have to go back sometime as did not get to top of mountain as cablecar was receiving maintenance - only got halfway on chairlift!

Skipka

“Roads are for journey not a destination”

Badges & Stats in Vysoke Tatry

Have you been to Vysoke Tatry?

Latest Activity in Vysoke Tatry