""Le petit Venise au Nord" and also a nice day out" Amiens by Groentje
Amiens Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 346 photos
One sunny Saturday morning, I decided to get in my car and just drive, drive and, euhm, drive! So I did, and ended up in sunny Amiens, about 250 kms south of Belgium. It turned out to be a splendid day out! Little did I know that Amiens has the same characterstics as my other favourite cities: water, architecture and cafes.
Amiens seems to be a very nice city to live in, and I for one had fun doing lots of neat stuff, such as walking around, sitting on a market place next to inconceivably old buildings, climbing up a cathedral, getting lost trying to find a town park, seeing the head of beheaded John the Baptist (!), ...
- Pros:Not too far off from where I live; very walkable; less lively than e.g. Lille
- Cons:Less lively than e.g. Lille
- In a nutshell:Amiýnois are proud to be Amiýnois. I can see why they are...
This really is a marvellous building. It was built in a very short period (I think about 50-70 years), and still stands... more travel advice
Okay, before going on: promise you won't laugh... One of the attractions at the Notre Dame cathedral in Amiens is a maze... more travel advice
Groentje's Related Pages
Amiens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We keep coming back and discovering more."
- "Amiens, wealthy from dyening with indigo."
- "In the shadow of the cathedral!"
- "A good base for a history lesson"
- "Le Macassar CORBIE"
- "Amiens, en Picardie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amiens
- Hotels in Amiens
- Transportation in Amiens
- Nightlife in Amiens
- Restaurants in Amiens
- Shopping in Amiens
- Warnings and Dangers in Amiens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amiens
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Amiens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amiens
Photos in AmiensSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 37 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gent Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Wingene Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hasselt 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Howth Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Brasília Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Amiens hotel reviews
- Ibis Amiens Centre Cathedrale
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Best Western Grand Hotel De Univers
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2012
- Hotel Victor Hugo
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- Hotel Balladins Amiens/Longueau Confort
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2012
- All Seasons Amiens Cathedrale
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel Restaurant Le Prieure
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Hotel Puvis De Chavannes
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Le Normandie
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2012
- Le Macassar
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013