"Aranjuez" Top 5 Page for this destination Aranjuez by El_Sueco
Aranjuez Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 171 photos
King Carlos I decided in 1534 to make a royal house in Aranjuez, and also to form a royal wood for hunting. Carlos I was frequently away from Spain and during these periods he gave the governing power to his son Felipe (Felipe II).
Felipe II gave the place a royal status and it was said that only the royal family was alowed to live there and hunt there. Severe punishment was given to those that trespassed (which seems to have happened frequently).
The royal place Aranjuez was a place solemnly used by the monarch.
Many have said that like El Escorial was a model for artistic design, Aranjuez was a model of natural beauty.
- In a nutshell:A pleasent place not far from Madrid
Take a look at the plaza de Toros. It is situated south of the historical part of the town. It has wooden balconies that... more travel advice
This "island" is formed by two currents of the river Tajo. During the times of the muselmans this was a cultivation,... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Aranjuez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gardens and Palaces"
- "THE ROMANTIC ARANJUEZ."
- "Which peaceful place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aranjuez
- Transportation in Aranjuez
- Restaurants in Aranjuez
- Shopping in Aranjuez
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Aranjuez
- 7 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Aranjuez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aranjuez
Photos in AranjuezSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues