"Talavera de la Reina" Talavera de la Reina by El_Sueco
Talavera de la Reina Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 59 photos
Talavera de la Reina is known as the city of ceramic.
In this page you will find pictures from the Basilica de Santa Maria del Prado and pictures from a walk in the historic centre with the walls and towers.
The mighty towers around the central parts date from the 13th century. Originally there were 47 seven of them. The town was for centures considered as one of the most fortified cities.
The oldest parts of the stone wall date from the 9th and 10th century.
El Sueco after a city walk around the historic centre of Talavera de la Reina.
- In a nutshell:Good mix of old and new styles
This magnificent altar piece you will find in the Basilica de Santa Maria del Prado. Uppermost inscription reads: "Me... more travel advice
The picture show to the left the old wall and towers at the Carnecerian Street and to the right the new buildings. The... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Talavera de la Reina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Talavera de la Reina"
- "Talavera de la Reina - [Castilla La Mancha, Spain]"
- "Talavera de la Reina"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Talavera de la Reina
- 11 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Talavera de la Reina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Talavera de la Reina
- Posted in Travel Miraflores Forum "RE: RE: visiting chaclacayo"
- Wrote a Review The Altar in Basilica de Santa Maria del Prado in Talavera de la Reina Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Altar in Basilica de Santa Maria del Prado"
- created a Talavera de la Reina Travelogue "Some more walking ... (misc. pictures)"
Photos in Talavera de la ReinaSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues