"Arvika" Arvika by El_Sueco
Arvika Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 68 photos
The Taserud Candlestick has become a symbol for the Arvika town. This huge candlestick is at the main high way entry.
A closer look at the candlestick. Candlesticks of a more moderate size is fabricated in the nearby region of Arvika and sold as souvenirs. The Taserud candlestick is popular to use in Christmas time. On the pin in the middle you put an apple.
The Bird man is the famous sculpture in the middle of Arvika, at the main market place.
Arvika is a small town, you do not see many people on this picture, that was taken on Sunday morning.
But on Saturday the market-square and the surrounding streets are filled with people that are coming to "make business", the market-place is a popular place for street shopping.
Other points of interest are:
- Arvika fordonsmuseum
(Arvika vehicle museum)
An exhibition of 120 cars, motorcycles etc from the beginning of the 19th century until today.
- Klässbol Linneväveri
The well-known linen weaving factory (deliviery to the Nobel banquet). Interesting weavin machines (Jacquard-type with pin-holes).
This linen you also can find in Stockholm at NK (Hamngatan)!
Tourist byreau 0570-817 90
This house is the oldest house in Arvika. It is in private custody and not shown to the public. Just take a look... more travel advice
To get an overview of Arvika you can go up with car to the Storkas montain. The name signifies Great beacon fire... more travel advice
Written Sep 17, 2003
Inside the Trinity Church
Written Sep 18, 2003
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Arvika Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Arvika
- Hotels in Arvika
- Nightlife in Arvika
- Restaurants in Arvika
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arvika
- 33 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Arvika?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arvika
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues