"Gotska Sandön" Gotska Sandön by El_Sueco
Gotska Sandön Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 25 photos
This island - Gotska Sandön - (in English: The Sand Island of Gotland) consists of sand, sand and sand.
The island is now a national environmental protected park.
A few people live here to guard the island and maintain the light-house. In winter it can be very stormy.
The sandy beach goes all around the island, you will be very lonely when you take a bath, there are not many persons on the island at the same time (with exception of this moment when I took the photo).
A hot summer day, a bath in the sea, eat your carried food, relaxing without anyone disturbs you. Wonderful!
Main beach road consists of a sandy paths, used by control patrul in one of the few cars that exists on the island when checking the island.
All things that you bring here - unless you eat them - you have to take home again.
Wandering paths goes through the island. They are like the "beach roads" used by the guards of the island. Nowadays the most important thing to protect is this outstanding pice of nature, which is very delicate and fragile.
Many plants and animals are endemic (exist just only here).
- Pros:The most peculiar and wunderful island in the Baltic Sea
- Cons:A bit away from everything...
- In a nutshell:The pearl in the Baltic Sea
This most peculiar and friendly island (a hot summer day that is) is fully worth visiting. You come here from the city... more travel advice
On the island there are one location that is made for staying overnight. Close to the Lighing House, where also the... more travel advice
Written Feb 20, 2003
Sightseeing on the island
Written Feb 20, 2003
Sightseeing on the island continued
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Gotska Sandön Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Gotska Sandön
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Gotska Sandön?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gotska Sandön
Photos in Gotska SandönSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues