"Klockargården" Klockargården by El_Sueco
Klockargården Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
This wood church is well preserved exterior and interior. The church is one of the regions few example of the simple new classicism style in wood construction from the middle of the 19th century.
The church was constructed in 1849-51. Architect was Johan Fredrik Åbom. Originally the architect had designed a more light and graceful church, but the design was altered in several ways to a more robust style.
(At the time for my visit work was being done with the church roof)
The present painting of the nave was made at the restauration works in 1979.
- Pros:Typical wooden church from middle of 19th century
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Klockargården Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klockargården
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Klockargården?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klockargården
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues