"Kristianstad" Kristianstad by El_Sueco

Kristianstad Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos

This is an example from south Sweden of good housing.

Why do I show this? Well, there was great effort to build good houses (after some "scandals" with humidity damages etc in various parts of Sweden, and various building companies too).
The material in the houses were choosen not to affect the people who should live there. Electric wiring was made in a special way etc. Economically the result was that this concient way of building, did not effect the building costs so much.

When i walked around here taking photos, they thought I was the water meter man(!), but I had to deny that. Nice houses though!

I did spend some months in my youth in Kristianstad, so it is nice to bee back for a small walk around there. See t-log.

I myself always like to see pictures of living houses. South part of Sweden is very nice in summer.

Kristianstad University

Kristianstad University, established in 1977, is one of the newest Swedish universities. Higher education in the region is, however, much older.
Programmes and courses are offered in the humanities, social, natural, behavioural and health sciences, business administration and engineering.
The main campus is situated just outside Kristianstad town centre. Originally it was built 1923 as a military academy. The buildings are now transformed to a modern university.
The university is very near located to the houses above.

• Last visit to Kristianstad: Jul 1999
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2003

• krassimir71's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 1:31 AM

HI, Im thinking of visiting for a while Kristianstad this summer and im realy excited to get any tips and infos about that place however this will be my first trip to eu country.. I read all your tips thanks about it.

• Porteplume's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2003 at 11:30 PM

I like the way you are always presenting the Houses of Sweden. It tells a lot about your beautiful country...

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2003 at 2:45 AM

Indeed, interesting housing! Question is only one: isn't it too expensive for average citizen? I suppose, not.

El_Sueco

“Use your time, don´t wait for the bus!”

Badges & Stats in Kristianstad

Have you been to Kristianstad?