"Kristinehamn" Kristinehamn by El_Sueco
Kristinehamn Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 53 photos
This monumental Picasso sculpture is one of the greatest in the world, 15 m high.
It was made in 1965.
The motive in the Picasso sculpture is his wife Jaqueline. The first drafts and models of this monumental statue was made in the 1950s.
The idea of a Picasso sculpture in Värmland was created by two Scandinavians, Olsson and Nesjar.
Bengt Olsson, was a painter and a friend of Picasso, and born in Kristinehamn. Picasso and the municipal border was contacted and presented this idea.
Carl Nesjar, a norwegian painter and photographer, had experimented with decorations in concrete and also made some works for Picasso. He made the concrete casting with his proven technique.
Picasso donated the sculpture and the municipality of Kristinehamn payed the making of the sculpture.
The donation by Picasso was in form of a photo clip with the statue on place at Strandudden.
On the photo is written: Oui, Picasso 7.7. 1964.
The statue is made of a central pylon and three "wings" made of concrete.
- Pros:Very well placed sculpture
When you come to the Picasso sculpture, there are two red buildings to the left. At most left you have the coffee... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Kristinehamn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kristinehamn - by the seaside!"
- "Why Not In Scandinavia ? Pablo said..."
- "WELCOME TO MY KRISTINEHAMN PAGE......:-)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kristinehamn
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Kristinehamn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kristinehamn
Photos in KristinehamnSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues