"El Sueco Linköping Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Linköping by El_Sueco
Linköping Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 176 photos
The Linköping Cathedral is visible from very long distance as it rises 107 m.
The cathedral is the most expensive of the Swedish churches from medevial time and was an evidence of the richness and power of the bishop in Linköping (he had dominion over Östergötland, Gotland, Öland and greater part of Småland).
The work was started with German builders who worked in roman style. Later came men from England which gave the Early English style that can bee seen in the west part.
Renovation work has being done outside as well as inside the church. As you can see it is hard to get sight of the church when coming closer.
State of the nave (November 2003), before the renovation work was completed.
This beautiful triptych which looks very modern, was actually made in 1935. The motif is the resurrected Christ and... more travel advice
Old Linköping is a great "collection" of old houses with varying contents, a school, a bank, a post-office, a... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Linköping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Linkoping – a city around a cathedral"
- "*L I N K Ö P I N G*"
- "El Sueco Linköping Page"
- "Planes, trains and automobiles"
- "sarasue's new Linkoping Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Linköping
- Hotels in Linköping
- Transportation in Linköping
- Nightlife in Linköping
- Restaurants in Linköping
- Shopping in Linköping
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Linköping
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Linköping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Linköping
Photos in LinköpingSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues