Nynäshamn Things to Do Tips by El_Sueco
Nynäshamn Things to Do: 8 reviews and 8 photos
Nynäshamn church Interior
The architect for the church is L.I. Wahlman, also known for the Engelbrekt church in Stockholm (that also is situated high on a "cliff").
The altarpiece is made by Erik Sand, Strängnäs.
The Maria statue was made by Sam Westerholm in 1996.
The votive ship (hardly visible in picture) made by Gunnar Ankar, is the fregate "Eugenie" that made the first Swedish around-the-world-sailing in 1851-53 with a crew of 348 men.
The church, which is a wellknown landmark for boats coming to Nynäshamn was built in 1930. On the same place there was earlier a lighting house and the new church was built to be seen from great distance.
Directions: Near the harbour.
A camping ground with a good Baltic sea beach.
The water is nice. There are grass and sand to play on for the children.
There is also a water-chute, fairly long, where you can glide down with high speed. Your children will like it (if suitable ages of course).
This beach is also a camping ground.
Directions: There are signs pointing to the beach at the entry to the city. Follow signs "Nickstabadet".
If coming with local train, stop at station "Nynäs gård", some 400-500 m away with nice walking.
In the harbour there are a lot of "fishermans huts" with souvenir shops. There are also a number of big and small restaurants.
Address: Nynäshamn harbour
This church room is decorated by an artist by name Bergendorff (Carl Eckard?).
The paintings show scenes from the four disciples lives.
Lime paintings are from 1549 and signed Örjan Olofsson, they are from the time of Gustav Vasa and are one of the few of its kind.
Sorunda church is one of the greatest country side churches in this county.
It has a very complicated building history, not clearly understood.
It is now a cross-church with a west oriented tower.
The oldest parts of the church is from the end of 12th century. The name of the church is mentioned in a written document as early as 1282.
More Reviews (2)
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Nynäshamn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nynäshamn - one of the ports to the East"
- "Nynäshamn - Not in any of the guide books!"
- "To Nynäshamn on a steam train!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nynäshamn
- Transportation in Nynäshamn
- Restaurants in Nynäshamn
- Shopping in Nynäshamn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nynäshamn
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Nynäshamn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nynäshamn
Photos in NynäshamnSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues