"Nynäshamn - one of the ports to the East" Nynäshamn by El_Sueco
Nynäshamn Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 20 photos
Make your start at the Tourist information office! It is located in the old railway station. Get yourself a free city map and some useful information about events etc.
The Nynäshamn Harbour is a nice region to stroll around.
In the harbour there are in summer some small touristic shops (that looks like old Fishermans huts) and you will also find some restaurants near the sea.
Some 500 m uphill to the west of the big church you will find a commercial centre, there is the library and much more to see.
Nynäshamn is situated 60 km south from Stockholm.
Nynäshamn is a small town, a beautiful "summer town", which means many tourists in summer. Some people like to live in Nynäshamn and work in Stockholm. Local trains take a bit more than 1 hour. Highway is partly good, partly narrow.
The local trains from Stockholm will stop behind the old train station (yellow house).
If you go to this last (end) station "Nynäshamn" you are near to the ferries to Gotland (however some trains will after the stop continue some 100 meters to the ferry terminal, which is located to left and out of picture). There are also ferries that go to Gdansk.
In the left in the picture there is the pier from which you can take the boat to the beatiful small island Gotska Sandön (see special page).
If you come with train from Stockholm you can leave the train at station "Nynäs Gård" and walk the short distance to "Nickstabadet" (see tips) which is a great camping ground and also a good beach.
You can leave at station "Nynäs havsbad" and there you will also find a good place to swim or take a sun tan.
Sorunda is a village of some 5,000 inhabitants, around 50 km south from Stockholm.
Sorunda is an old and cultural region, many stone inscriptions from the Viking era are to be found here and also other archeological findings.
Most important is the church in Sorunda which is covered by some small tips.
- Pros:Nice in summer
- Cons:Cold in winter
- In a nutshell:Nearest connection to the open Baltic Sea.
The architect for the church is L.I. Wahlman, also known for the Engelbrekt church in Stockholm (that also is situated... more travel advice
Local trains Stockholm - Nynäshamn will take a bit more than 1 hour. If you buy the tourist travel card for Stockholm it... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Nynäshamn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nynäshamn - one of the ports to the East"
- "Nynäshamn - Not in any of the guide books!"
- "To Nynäshamn on a steam train!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nynäshamn
- Transportation in Nynäshamn
- Restaurants in Nynäshamn
- Shopping in Nynäshamn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nynäshamn
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Nynäshamn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nynäshamn
Photos in NynäshamnSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues