Söderköping Things to Do Tips by El_Sueco
Söderköping Things to Do: 5 reviews and 5 photos
St Laurentii Church
The old St Laurentii church burned down in 1494. It was then rebuilt and inaugerated in 1497, just tree years after. However the building work with the church continued until 1560.
(The year 1296 that is painted inside the church under the picture of St Laurentius is - as the Swedish info brochure says - probably a error in some of the repairs that were done during the 1700 och 1800).
Make a visit to this old hall church. The style is called baltic brick gothic, as some more resembling churches in harbour towns around the Baltic Sea are build in bricks in the same fashion.
Address: Central part of village
The oldest part of this church is the sacristy, probably constructed in the end of the 13th century as a separate chapel. The other parts of the church were probably erected during the 14th century.
The bell tower was constructed in the 18th century and was rebuilt 1788 when it was given the quadratic roof cover.
The church was called the Trinity church (S:t Trinitatis) during medevial time, note the three circles in the church wall!
The New Tourist Info Centre
Visit Söderköpings Turistbyrå (Tourist info centre) and get the info you need, also ask for a city map to make yourself familiar to the city.
Address: Margaretagatan 19
Directions: "Stinsen" at E22
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The central part of the city still has conserved it medieval form.
The central parts
Go up the path from the sluices to the top of Ramunderberget. From here you get a nice view of this little town Söderköping.
On top of the hill there is a ancient fortress 'Ramundersborg', that is the greatest ancient fortress in Östergötland.
More Reviews (4)
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Söderköping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Söderköping - A lovely place"
- "A typical swedish town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Söderköping
- Hotels in Söderköping
- Restaurants in Söderköping
- Warnings and Dangers in Söderköping
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Söderköping
- 9 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Söderköping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Söderköping
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues