"Vreta kloster" Vreta Kloster by El_Sueco
Vreta Kloster Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 17 photos
The Vreta Cloister church is built in roman style, the oldes parts are from 11th century.
The Vreta Cloister was the first Benedictine Monastery in Sweden, it was founded in 1110 A.D.
The cloister church has been preserved and restorated, but only ruins are left of the monastery (situated behind the church in this picture).
In this museum (closed at the time for my visit) there are some tomb stones from 1060 A.D. which show a very early Christian masonry.
Note the fenced entry door, that separated the cloister from the public. It was opened during the Reformation age. This... more travel advice
The cloister was founded in 1110 and was adopted by the Cistercian order in 1162. It was rebuilt and extended during the... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Vreta Kloster Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vreta Kloster
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Vreta Kloster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vreta Kloster
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues