"The great harbour in South America" Callao by El_Sueco
Callao Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 115 photos
The city of Callao is the capital in the Constitutional Province of Callao. It has grown together with Lima and is now a part of the Lima Metropolitan area.
The Port of Callao is an important harbor.
Most of peoples life: food, work and economy are dedicated to things in connection with the sea.
Callao also give space for the Aeropuerto de Jorge Chávez (from the start thought only as a temporary solution).
In 1947 the famous norwegian Thor Heyerdahl started his Kon-Tiki expedition from Callao.
Take a walk at the beach. Look at all the beautiful small stones that covers the beach. I could easily collect more than... more travel advice
A place for a beautiful view of the sun set is La Punta, Callao. The sun sets at 6-6.30 P.M all the year round. Be... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Callao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lima's Port - Provincia Constitucional del Callao"
- "Port of Lima"
- "The great harbour in South America"
- "EL CALLAO, PUERTO PRINCIPAL DEL PERU"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Callao
- Transportation in Callao
- Warnings and Dangers in Callao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Callao
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Callao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Callao
Photos in CallaoSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues