"Chancay - on the run" Chancay by El_Sueco
Chancay Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 10 photos
When going from Lima to the north by the Panamerican Highway you will pass the small village of Chancay, half way up to Huacho, and with a distance from Lima of around 100 km.
Chancay was former the name of a province that now no longer exists, but which territory now formes the provinces of Barranca, Huaral and Huaura.
Chancay is also the name of an old culture, famous for its textiles and its ceramic figures known as cuchimilcos. It was one of the last pre-inca cultures.
Chancay has also given name to the VT-member Chancay (Holger).
Now you know ...
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Chancay Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Chancay
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Chancay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chancay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues