Iquitos Favorite Tips by El_Sueco Top 5 Page for this destination
Iquitos Favorites: 9 reviews and 7 photos
Water with geengrocery
Favorite thing: Spend some days in the jungle! Not so many animals to look at, mostly birds of much colour, rose river delphins (they don´t jump, just break the water and you see the typical nose and the rose back, hard to take fotos, I didn´t have any luck), if you are lucky you can see some monkeys.
You can go fishing pirayas 10-15 cm, they are very good to eat if you ask the hotel to cook them.
The rain forrest is very beautiful and nice. I think this is a sort of civilized jungle, if you want some harder jungle, you have to go further in.
The mixing zone
Favorite thing: At Iquitos the Amazon river meets the river Nanay. This forms a zon between the two rivers that changes as the levels of the two rivers are changing. The Amazon river is the brown one.
More Reviews (16)
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Iquitos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Peruvian Amazon capital"
- "Iquitos, Peru's Amazon city"
- "Iquitos and Amazon"
- "Iquitos, Gateway to the Amazon"
- "Iquitos, the town in the middle of the jungle"
- "fashinating iquitos"
- "Iquitos Queen of the Amazon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iquitos
- Hotels in Iquitos
- Transportation in Iquitos
- Nightlife in Iquitos
- Restaurants in Iquitos
- Shopping in Iquitos
- Warnings and Dangers in Iquitos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iquitos
- 18 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Iquitos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iquitos
Photos in IquitosSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues