Iquitos Favorite Tips by El_Sueco Top 5 Page for this destination
Iquitos Favorites: 9 reviews and 7 photos
Water with geengrocery
Favorite thing: Spend some days in the jungle! Not so many animals to look at, mostly birds of much colour, rose river delphins (they donīt jump, just break the water and you see the typical nose and the rose back, hard to take fotos, I didnīt have any luck), if you are lucky you can see some monkeys.
You can go fishing pirayas 10-15 cm, they are very good to eat if you ask the hotel to cook them.
The rain forrest is very beautiful and nice. I think this is a sort of civilized jungle, if you want some harder jungle, you have to go further in.
The mixing zone
Favorite thing: At Iquitos the Amazon river meets the river Nanay. This forms a zon between the two rivers that changes as the levels of the two rivers are changing. The Amazon river is the brown one.
More Reviews (16)
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Iquitos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Peruvian Amazon capital"
- "Iquitos, Peru's Amazon city"
- "Iquitos and Amazon"
- "Iquitos, Gateway to the Amazon"
- "Iquitos, the town in the middle of the jungle"
- "fashinating iquitos"
- "Iquitos Queen of the Amazon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iquitos
- Hotels in Iquitos
- Transportation in Iquitos
- Nightlife in Iquitos
- Restaurants in Iquitos
- Shopping in Iquitos
- Warnings and Dangers in Iquitos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iquitos
- 18 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Iquitos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iquitos
Photos in IquitosSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues