"Iquitos, the town in the middle of the jungle" Top 5 Page for this destination Iquitos by El_Sueco
Iquitos Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 306 photos
The nice town Iquitos is buzzing all the time from the mosquitos that are running on the streets.
There are nice houses to look at and some museums.
There is also a zoo outside the town.
The town has declined after the rich era of caouchouk.
The town has water connexion by boat with the Atlantic sea.
A must see is the floating town of Belen, just outside Iquitos.
- In a nutshell:Friendly, calm and warm town in the jungle
The differens in level of the river at the hotel location (one hour down the stream) is 12 meters(!). When I was there... more travel advice
At Iquitos the Amazon river meets the river Nanay. This forms a zon between the two rivers that changes as the levels of... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Iquitos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Peruvian Amazon capital"
- "Iquitos, Peru's Amazon city"
- "Iquitos and Amazon"
- "Iquitos, Gateway to the Amazon"
- "Iquitos, the town in the middle of the jungle"
- "fashinating iquitos"
- "Iquitos Queen of the Amazon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iquitos
- Hotels in Iquitos
- Transportation in Iquitos
- Nightlife in Iquitos
- Restaurants in Iquitos
- Shopping in Iquitos
- Warnings and Dangers in Iquitos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iquitos
- 18 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Iquitos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iquitos
Photos in IquitosSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues