"Lambayeque" Lambayeque by El_Sueco
Lambayeque Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 24 photos
What I remember best from Lambayeque is the freshly made King-Kong. So nice to bring home as a memory from Peru. There are also a lot of other sweets made from milk.
Lambayeque is about 219 km north of Lima. The most wellknown thing there is the Brünning Museum. The findings are from the Mochica and Chimú cultures.
In the museum is El Señor de Sipan, a priest dressed in gold, from the Moche culture 1700 years ago. He was surrounded by eight concubins, warriors and servants and more that 1000 receptacles with sacrifices. Later there have been found another tombe with El Viejo Señor de Sipán with necklaces of gold with the same quality as the first grave. Six more graves (1997) have been found with different persons, warrior chiefs and so on.
In 1997 findings were shown in the Museo de la Nacion in Lima where I saw it. Hence, it was no good idéa to enter the Brunning museum when passing by at that time.
This is an alternative to the King-Kong. I did not realize what it was until I was at home. My thought before open it... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Lambayeque
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Lambayeque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lambayeque
Photos in LambayequeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues