"El_Sueco's new Lima Page*)" Top 5 Page for this destination Lima by El_Sueco

Lima Travel Guide: 1,198 reviews and 2,778 photos

Entrando

The airport of Lima - Jorge Chávez - is situated en Callao, on a distance of 20 km from the centre of Lima.
Due to the high security that nowadays rules on our airports, Jorge Chávez is a peaceful place.
Outside the gates licenced taxi-drivers are waiting to assist, or perhaps you will have someone else waiting for you. In either way, prepare for the traffic, that will be a chock for you! It will start immediately when you leave the airport. The traffic rhytm is rapid, noicy and the fumes from the cars and autobuses are heavy.

Visitando Lima

Many travelers perhaps just pass Lima on their way to Cuzco, Arequipa or Amazonas. If you have time and posibility, I recommend you to stay some days in Lima, the city of the Kings.
What you will do in Lima, of course depends on your interests and your time there. Some tips you get on my pages.
Recommendation for some hours visit:
- Museo de Arte (Paseo Colón 125, at walking distance from Sheraton Hotel)
Recommendation for 1 day visit:
- Museum of Anthropology and Archeology (Plaza Bolivar, Pueblo Libre)
- Peru Gold Museum (Av. Alonso de Molina 1100, Monterrico)
(I also have some t-logs in my Perú pages, with Lima as the starting point)

Information on the archeological site Pachacamac (located in Lurin valley, south of Lima) you will find in my pages on
-Ruinas de Pachacamac.
Within some weeks (i.e. after vacation time) I will complete my page on the very important archeological finding in the valley of Supe, a place called Caral. The most ancient civilization in America (North and South).

Saliendo

When leaving from Jorge Chávez, you have to pay the airport tax. You can pay in Soles or in USD.
The fee is approx 12 USD for flight international and 4 USD for domestic flights (as I recall it).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
*)Don´t miss the other pages I have done on locations within Lima:
- Chorrillos
- Miraflores
Both are suburbs to the capital Lima.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

• Pros:The capital of Peru, this lovely country in South America!
  • Cons:Bad traffic situation.
  • In a nutshell:You will love it or hate it; I love it!
  • Last visit to Lima: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2004

• Aug 20, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Intersting website. Great picture of the Female mummie with hair 2 m long.

• Aug 19, 2006 at 1:29 AM

Hi, I enjoy the pictures, peruvian food is amazing so little known. The true beauty of Peru is in the country o "la sierra" . If you next time try Jauja and neighboring towns.

• Aug 9, 2006 at 4:47 AM

I have to correct what you wrote about the names of the food so the correct names are: Papa Rellena, Papa a la Huancaina, Pie de Durazno, Chicha morada. Hope you correct that, thanks.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 6:33 AM

Veo que le sigues la pista a Pizarro desde Extremadura . Muy buenas páginas y fotos

• Orkaena's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Acabo de regresar de un viaje a Lima, me gusta tu punto de vista. Un saludo.

• Andreas_Fran's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2006 at 4:51 AM

I think It's time to get on the road again! Thx for the tips...

• danielhades80's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 9:50 PM

hey hakan how r you? i saw your comments and pictures from peru nice work man... keep on the good job I miss a lot my country specially my mom's homecooking..

• Jul 1, 2005 at 1:27 AM

it is interesting to see the mummies in Lima. It is strange how many ways exist to bury people.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 5:32 PM

I've never had Peruvian food but it sure does look good. Que rico!

• SirRichard's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 8:00 AM

Great tips, very useful, I might need some in April, thanx!!

El_Sueco

“Use your time, don´t wait for the bus!”

Badges & Stats in Lima