"Paramonga" Paramonga by El_Sueco
Paramonga Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos
The Paramonga Temple you will find close to Panamericana Highway, going north from Lima after Barranca, passing over the river Patavilca and also passing the small village of Patavilca.
The Temple is considered as Chimú. The construction is made of adobe in platforms. It is constructed over a "rocky place".
When you come with car on the highway the Paramonga Temple is very impressive, it is easy to get lost in mind some 700 years ago.
Inside there are some murals with "chess"-like pattern in red and white.
For people interested in the peruvian cultures it is a bit confusing with the names Chimú and Mochica.
The people of Chimú spoke a language that we know as "Mochica" and this term mochica has sometimes been used also as a name for the Chimús.
Archeological the name Mochica is the name of a still older culture (300-800 A.D.) that was before the Tiahuanaco (Huari), (800-1400 A.D.).
The time for the Chimú culture is 1400-1470 A.D. They were succeeded by the Inca Imperium.
The centre of the Chimú Imperium was the valley Moche, and the imperium was extended from Tumbes in the north to Patavilca in the south.
See also my Chan-Chan pages (Trujillo)
Don´t forget that this place is very near the valley of Supe, where a very(!) early civilization was living (at Caral), some 2650 B.C, i.e. contemporary with the egyptians.
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Paramonga
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Paramonga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paramonga
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues