"Market and ruins" Pisac by El_Sueco
Pisac Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 215 photos
The small village of Pisac is in the Urubamba Valley. Usually you pass Pisac on a guided tour in bus, or if you take a surveying tour in taxi - which is a good idéa.
Sunday morning is the best day to go there, perhaps on the way to Ollantaytambo etc.
This location has a market that is very big, if you like it or not is a matter of personal choice.
Notice the terrazes on the mountain opposite, there are the famous ruins of Pisac.
Did you say something about being ruined - going to the ruins I mean?.
-Well, we will do that next time, can´t afford it this time:-(
The city of Pisac is worth strolling around, there are many interresting shops.
High above the city on the montainside are the Pisac archeological site, the Pisac Ruins that I must visit next time ...
- Pros:The Urubamba region is very beautiful ...
- Cons:Usually you don´t have the time on the tour ...
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Pisac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Market & ruins"
- "Pisac's Sunday market"
- "looking for lost time!"
- "Pisac, the begining of the Sacred Valley"
- "Colors in Pisac"
- "The True Andean Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisac
- Hotels in Pisac
- Transportation in Pisac
- Restaurants in Pisac
- Shopping in Pisac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisac
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Pisac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues