"Trujillo" Trujillo by El_Sueco
Trujillo Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 305 photos
Trujillo is the capital of the Department of La Libertad. It was founded 1534 /1535 by Francisco Pizarro and was given the name of his birth-place. It was the first town of importance to proclaim itself in favour of Independencia (1820). Many of the houses in the town have colonial style.
Around the city of Trujillo there are an aboundance of archeological sites. The most famous is the Chan Chán, the greatest adobe city in the world.
To go to Chan Chán you have better take a taxi!
Huanchaco, a fishing and surfing village just north of Trujillo, has many hotels and restaurants. At the beach there is a big pier where you can go out to see the sea waves break. Going south from Trujillo you will come to the huge Moche Pyramids, Huaca del Sol and Huaca de la Luna.
The Ventanas Trujillana (the Trujillian Windows) you can see to the left (The white constructions outside the walls with... more travel advice
The Plaza de Armas in Trullijo is one of the biggest in Peru. In its centre there is a monument of marble, made by an... more travel advice
El_Sueco's Related Pages
Trujillo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trujillo "The Capital of the Eternal Spring""
- "Central Square, Cathedral and Museum"
- "Beautifiully wonderful city"
- "Three Part Tour"
- "Chan Chan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trujillo
- Hotels in Trujillo
- Transportation in Trujillo
- Nightlife in Trujillo
- Restaurants in Trujillo
- Shopping in Trujillo
- Warnings and Dangers in Trujillo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trujillo
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Trujillo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trujillo
Photos in TrujilloSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues