"El Sueco" El_Sueco's Profile
Travelling around during some days in late summer 2006 I in Hudiksvall at the Hälsingtuna church found this huge runic stone, maybee the greatest one in Sweden.
2007 some weeks in Spain, Galicia (Rías Altas) and Madrid.
The tourist information at Timrå is located in this huge Y, made by Bengt Lindström.
The year 2006 we spent some weeks traveling around Sweden, among other things Gotland, and north coast north from Stockholm. I had some special interest to find some spring water, and north from Ljusdal is Gröntjärn, a spring water (lake), with no visible in- or outlets. The variation of the level of the lake during the year is 13 meters!! This small lake is dewatered some kilometers away at the spring water Gladbäcken, also a very nice experience to see.
Unfortunately, I have not spent so much time lately on Virtual Tourist. Sorry, to say. Maybe, I will "return" into a more active position later on. By now, I have been dedicated to wikipedia, as an interesting information source.
Picture from the 5th Kebnekaijse Expedition 29th August to 2 September 2006.
Participants: Håkan (El_Sueco), Chris, Lennart and Anders.
I have put some pictures from earlier expedition (2004) in the Nikkaluokta page.
In 2005 there was made no attempt.
The year 2006 expedition ended successfully, including visiting the Tarfala valley.
2007 a new attempt will take place, with the "old" participants, and one from the younger generation. A good end of this summer.
I am planning to put some of the peruvian dishes in my tips. Until now I have not been able to do it, hope to get more time later on.
This is one of my favorites, Ocopa.
The peruvian food is one of the most variated, mostly underestimated as it is not so wellknown, but now you know!
The tradition of making a "Pachamanca" is an event you should try to experience. First you have to heat a lot of stones over a fire. Then you put the hot stones together with potatoes, beans, meat of diferent kinds, vegetables, maiz in two grinded version: salt and sweet combinations. Then all this is covered with green plants, clothes and soil to keep the vapor inside. After 1 hour and a half you take it all out and it is then well cooked.
Very delicious, you eat with your fingers.
Some restaurants have this "plate" on the menu. To get the best out of it, you have to participate in the preparation.
In my description of the country side around Madrid I show you this cat view from
Riofrio de Llano.
Not so much more too see, but a nice view that I now have put on my wall. (there are actually six cats, however one is partly hidden)
Going around in the Spanish country side, you will find beautiful buildings where you least expect it. Take for instance a look at the proud little church in Padilla de Hita
Collecting photos on villages, ayuntamientos, churches, bridges, puertos, restaurants, roman constructions, monuments etc while traveling around and having a good time.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 713 Reviews
- 1,810 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 139 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
- El_Sueco and kiwi are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "El Sueco"
- Commented on cbeaujean's profile page
- updated a Puebla de Beleña Travel Page "Puebla de Beleña"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Puebla de Beleña"
- Wrote a Review Local historic technical achievments in Compludo in Castilla y León Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Miraflores Forum "RE: RE: visiting chaclacayo"
PhotosSee All Photos (1810)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 37 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 38 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 46 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiruna Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arvika Intro, 33 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malmslätt Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talavera de la Reina Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sandoval Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ávila de los Caballeros Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos