"Much more than a cruise stop-MUCH more" Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual by whitneyone
Majahual Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 117 photos
don't be afraid to visit---the road to recovery after Hurricane Dean is is full swing! Great progress--and the water is still amazing.
We had been meaning to go to Mahahual for a while, but kept thinking, oh, you know, a beach is a beach, right?
Before I set foot here, however, there was something that kept calling me...and I don't know why. It was hard to leave Akumal on a rainy day for the trip. Yes it rained, and rained and rained the three hours down. and was pouring rain when i first set eyes on this little gem of a place.
A cruise ship was in port, there were taxis just JAMMING this little area and the potholes were huge. I should be not liking this very much thank you. But I did. In fact something clicked,right off the bat and I LOVED it. The more we drove, the two minutes through town....the two hours down the beachroad towards Xcalak, the more I loved it.
Even when we almost plunged into the Rio Huatch (thanks to a burned down bridge) I loved it.
After your turn of from the 307, you drive about a half hour. When you see this, you know you're there. Pretty hard to miss!
It can be a haul, so to break the trip up from your starting point, be it Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Akumal or Even Tulum, Filipe Carillo Puerto has a beautiful little town square in front of the Church of the Talking Cross.
you pass through a little town callled Limones too, where they make a lot of furniture. But if you want some beautiful water, keep driving to Mahahual!
- Pros:As of this writing, still totally unspoiled
- Cons:If you're not a beach person, leave this beauty to those who are!
- In a nutshell:The last unspoiled area of Quintana Roo. Heaven.
Charlie Browns really caters to the cruise passengers, so it can be a little difficult to have them just slow down and... more travel advice
It's amazing to see 50 miles of coastline with no one on it. more travel advice
whitneyone's Related Pages
Majahual Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jungle Port-of-call"
- "Much more than a cruise stop-MUCH more"
- "Majahual, Quintana Roo, Mexico & the Costa Maya"
- "Costa Maya (Majahual)"
- "Mexico for Cruise Ships"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Majahual
- Hotels in Majahual
- Transportation in Majahual
- Restaurants in Majahual
- Shopping in Majahual
- Warnings and Dangers in Majahual
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Majahual
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Majahual?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Majahual
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 87 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 78 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akumal Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Lucia Intro, 25 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Tulum Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Lanai Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.