"whitneyone's Maui" Top 5 Page for this destination Maui by whitneyone

Maui Travel Guide: 1,631 reviews and 4,433 photos

Nothing Matches Maui

Just returned from a 9 day trip September 18. Here's some quick info...much much more to be added in the days ahead.
First off, it's expensive, but I've found some little gems and tricks. Here's the boring tip. Start your trip at Costo and buy all your soda and bottled water, some snacks for the car trips. If you adventure there will be many trips. Enjoy the only $1.50 lunch you will have buy getting a huge polish sausage hot dog with a large soda. Bargain. You've just saved yourself a fortune. Stop by an ABC store (you'll see them) for a styrofoam ice chest. You are ready for the road! Get ready. It's going to be amazing! I'll start the tips on the South end of the Island as we spent the first part of our trip In Wailea, then go to the West side for some spectacular stuff!

4th Visit

A short and working trip to Maui didn't leave us a lot of time to scope out new places, but boy did we pack a lot of things into the two non working days we had.
Snorkeling with turtles and black rock was the highlight.
Snorkleing Honaloa bay with a 6-8 foot USO (unidentified swimming object) was a little panicky.
The sunsets haven't changed, the water hasn't changed. It is still heaven on earth. Seriously.

• Pros:Everything. I'm serious.
  • Cons:Leaving.
  • In a nutshell:Paradise
  • Last visit to Maui: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 15, 2005

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2010 at 7:03 AM

Happy Birthday Whitney....Many happy travels.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 8:26 PM

The road to Hana is a great experience. Nicely done. Birthday greetings from the northern Hawaiians (Alaska).

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2005 at 6:15 PM

I'll be in Maui for New Year's Eve, where should I go?

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 11:28 PM

Magical :)

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 9:27 AM

Great page, gives out such a good feel. The poor guys with the standard convertible! Will definitely ask for a 4x4 (going to Maui in April).

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2004 at 1:13 PM

Visited your New York & Maui pages, very nice! I wish I had stopped in at the black sand beach! Looks like I missed out! Well, there is always next time.

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2004 at 3:02 AM

Great page on Maui I will read more later.

• Jul 8, 2004 at 2:39 AM

Whitney, classic page .Superb page and great tips. Wow...

• dlytle's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 12:33 PM

Hi Whitnery. You visited my Maui page back last Sept so I thought I'd see what you thought of Maui. Looks like you liked it a lot judging by the great photos you took. Thanks for visiting my page and then presenting us with this delight!

• Sinjoor's Profile Photo